14. Broken.

"So, you're in my English and Math class. We're locker buddies, and lunch starts at 12, okay?" I said.

"OH-EM-GEE. I like, officially love you." Declared Tori exaggeratingly, leaning against her locker, waiting for me. She was 18, but she hadn't finished high school in London, so Franklin High was her school for senior year. Tori was a gift sent from heaven, we were alike in so many ways and I already loved her.

"OH-EM-GEE. I like, totally love you more." I replied, winking at her as if I was a person with mental retardation. She giggled, weirdly.

Right now, my span of attention was towards the gum being chewed in my mouth.

Chew.

Ew, it has no more taste.

Chew.

Should I keep it?

Chew.

Disgusting. Farewell, dear gum. We had some good memories, but it's time to leave.

I danced my way to the trashcan, which was on the other side of the hall.

"Where are you going, weirdo?" screamed Tori behind me.

"Throwing my gum away, the hell does it look like I'm doing?" Was my answer.

After spitting the chewed, tasteless piece of gum, I went back to my locker.

Oh, and I wish I hadn't.

Mark was leaning against Tori, she looked thrilled, while he had his flirting face on. Tori giggles at something he said.

I felt my breakfast churning in my stomach. This wasn't a sight I'd wanted to see. My face turned into a grimace and I tapped Mark's shoulder, interrupting him from his flirting. He turned around, his face masked in shock.

"Excuse me, Mark, but hitting on my sister won't make you seem cool." I said icily. At the mention of the word "sister", he completely froze. Tori, on the other hand, hearing the word "Mark", pushed him with an incredible force. Her face was masked by complete revulsion.

"Ew," exclaimed Tori dramatically. You see, during Tori's first night at my house, I'd told her everything. Everything. She entwined our arms, and we walked away, our chins in the air.

Now out of any one's sight, hiding in the bathroom, we had to clutch our poor stomachs to stop laughing.

"D-Did you see his expression when I "ewed" him?" managed to blurt out Tori between laughs. My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"Is "ewed" even a word?"

"Who cares? Yes, it is, in Victoria Grace Winter's dictionary," She flipped her hair in a drama queen-like way.

I simply chuckled, oh the joys of having a sister. In the period of 3-4 days, we'd grown as close as best friends who knew each other since the age of 5. Speaking of best friends, where was Liam?

"Hey, Tori, did you see Liam?"

"No, I never met him yet."

I scurried out of the bathroom and practically sprinted to his locker.

There he was. I felt relief wash over me.

"Hey Li," I said, looking at him. Something was wrong. He didn't lift his gaze from the book he held in his hands.

"Liam?"

Still no response.

"Liiiaaaam?"

Nada.

I waved my hands under his nose to get his attention. Finally, his eyes flickered to me and his head lift up. I gasped interiorly. His blue eyes were a darker shade than they usually were, his lips were put in a thin line. His expression was cold, and hard. I'd never seen him like that.

"Liam? Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

He swiftly closed his book and turned to walk away. He took long strides. I half-ran to be at his speed.

"Liam? Why are you ignoring me?"

He kept on walking.

Fed up with his attitude, I grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop. His lips pulled up in a disgusted smirk. I could sense his anger. His eyes went to my hand. Disgust and anger? Why?

"No, I'm not letting go until you write me what's wrong."

He rolled his eyes and stayed very still. I groaned, let go of my grip and took out a small notepad from my pocket. I kept that at all times with me, it was another source of communication I had with Liam. Speaking of him, he now held his special blue pen, that he always kept in his right jacket pocket.

I handed him the paper. He roughly scribbled something down and showed it to me.

"Want to know what's wrong? You are. Leave me alone. Consider us, or whatever friendship we had history."

I felt my bottom lip quiver, and he started to walk away. I ran after him, and grabbed his arm, but he resisted.

"No, please Liam. Why? What did I do? Just tell me." I begged.

He abruptly shook his arm off, and turned in my direction. My hopes went slightly up. His expression softened for a second, then hardened again. His mouth moved, tracing 3 words.

"Leave me alone."

Then, he left me standing in the middle of a hallway, every step hurting me.

I felt tears well in my eyes. My heart was experiencing an emotion I'd only felt once. The day the nurses informed my of my father's death. Only this time it was more intense.  I was feeling cold and lonely, like my heart and soul have been ripped out. There was an empty, cold feeling in my stomach, like butterflies, but more like nervous than excited.  My heart got ripped out of my chest without any warning. Being totally unprepared and having to deal with the outcome instantly, hurt so much. I felt myself going numb, and sad. My heart continued to sink as I came to the realization of what is reality. Unbelievable.

"Come here, Lena."

I turned to see Tori, and went in her arms. She rubbed my back. I think she saw everything. But I didn't care. Why was I feeling like this? It was Liam.

"T-Tori, why am I feeling like this?" She smiled sadly and her eyes were full of sorrow.

"It's called heartbreak, my Lena."

Heartbreak. Wow. So, that's what they talked about in movies. In that moment, I felt my whole world crumble apart.

So, in that second, I learnt that getting your heart broken is like dying. Like your heart dying.

***

YAY! I finally updated. I nearly cried writing this chapter. "Leniam" friendship is no longer existent. Anyway, 40000 views? oh my peanuts, thank you all so much! It's all because of you that my story is number 5 in the Romance section and number 6 in the Humor section. Can I ask a favor though? Please, don't comment stuff like " update faaast" or "if you don't update soon, I'll stop voting." It really annoys me, because I'd just updated. So, yeah. Have a nice day!

~ForeverSmilingxoxo 

NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON! FOR THE COMPLETED STORY, COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK:

http://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Rose/e/B00JOM5QFE