18. Feeling Like Love

“You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” Albert Einstein

Lena Rose Winter

"Bloody hell, time passes by! We have 3 hours to get you ready," exclaimed Tori, examining me.

"Yes. We have three hours to make her look like a princess, Liam's princess," agreed Mom. I felt a blush rise on my cheeks.

"Oh, come on! I just need a little makeup, my hair down and putting my dress on! That doesn't take three freaking hours!" I cried out.

"Tut, tut. You're pretty, but we need to make you look like the most beautiful girl in the dance," shushed my mother.

I huffed and crossed my arms together.

Are you confused? Let me clear that up. I was currently sitting on a chair,  the back directed towards a big mirror. My dear mother and sister were examining every inch of my face. They insisted on making my look a surprise to me. I don't have the right to look at my reflection until the very end of their work.

"We'll start with makeup," declared Tori, taking her kit. My mom agreed.

I sighed, this was going to be the longest three hours of my life.

-

After two hours and forty-five minutes of pampering, Tori and Mom smirked with pride.

"So? How do I look?" I asked nervously. Tori smiled. Oh come on! Just reassure me for God's sake!

"Stand up, and take a look at our marvelous work," ordered Mom. Finally, I stood up, and turned to face the mirror.

There stood a brunette with an indescribable beauty. Her hair was a rich shade of chestnut brown. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, olive-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes and eyeliner, were popping out in a bright, chestnut color. I saw a gleam of excitement and bewilderment in them. Her cheeks were tainted by a dark color of red. Her full lips made the stranger look mature, as they were curved into a smile. That wasn't all. The dress she was wearing fit her like a second skin, but in an elegant way.

"W-Who is this?" I managed to say, and strangely enough, the lips in the mirror reflected my action.

Tori and Mom smiled, as my sister put a hand on my shoulder.

"You." revealed Tori, nodding in my direction.

I felt myself slowly recover from the shock I was in, and my eyes widened.

The alien in the mirror was me. Me?

Yes, me, idiot.

Shut up, me.

Well, we look beautiful and I don't feel like fighting with me right now.

I looked like a princess, and I felt like one.

I grinned, then gave my family a bone crushing hug. I was Mama Bear right now. A very happy one.

"L-Lena, I need to b-breathe," stuttered Mom. I immediately let go, and broadly smiled at them.

Their smiles widened."You two are officially my favorite people in the whole world," I declared.

"Tut, tut. We know we're great, but everyone knows Mr. Prince Charming is on top of your list." tutted Tori, winking at me.

I felt my face get hot, but I was determined to defend myself.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, my eyebrow rose. Tori chuckled.