9.The Master Of Tickling.

*A month after the day at the park

"No, you're wrong Liam, the answer to this equation is 364!"I answered confidently, crossing my arms around my chest. He smiled with the same certainty I had.

We were sitting in Math class, working in teams. We'd grown close friends, and I was on Cloud 9. We had so much in common. Same taste in music, art, food. The only subject we'd fight over was math. He thought he was smarter than me. Psht. We'll see.

He was clearly enjoying this, as I was. 

"I'll go ask the teacher, but if I'm right you buy me an ice cream today. And if you're right, which is impossible, I'll buy you one, deal?" I said offering him my hand to shake. He agreed, a weird gleam in his eye.

I got up, and made my way to the teacher's desk. Mrs. Burt was concentrated on some kind of work. I cleared my throat, which caused her to look up.

"Yes, Ms. Winter?" Her eyes displaying at what point I'd annoyed her. I interiorly rolled my eyes. Wasn't that her job, to help me?

"Excuse me, but I did question 5, yet my partner and I don't seem to agree on the answer. Would you kindly tell me what it is?" I asked, flashing my innocent face. She nodded and flipped through the pages of her corrected version.

"Ah, the answer is 464, Ms. Winter." She informed me. B-But, oh no. My face dropped, and my eyes went wide.

I walked in shame to Liam's table.

"Youwereright." I mumbled, barely audible.

He put a hand behind his ear as if to say: What? Repeat that, while smirking.

"I said, you were right!"

He grinned, and I pouted.

"You're mean."

He showed me his notebook, he'd written: "It's not my fault I'm smart. You owe me ice cream."

I put my head down, mad at myself. Argh.

"Please smile?"

I ignored him. He sighed loudly. I heard his pencil scrape the paper again.

"Ready to die?"

It took my about 15 seconds to process what was happening. Before I knew it, my laugh resounded in the whole class. Liam's hands started moving around my stomach. Oh, he knew how ticklish I was.

"S-Stop p-please!" I gasped during giggles.

I didn't expect him to obey, because he continued even more. After what seemed like a lifetime of dying and laughing, he stopped.

I smiled. It was impossible to stay mad at him. He wiggled his eyebrows while grinning, he was happy he won.

I pulled my tongue out childishly.

" Ms. Winter and Mr. Black. What do you two think you're doing?" A strict voice brought me back to reality.

I turned around to see 27 pairs of wide eyes observing Liam and I, their mouths agape. I put on a serious face and answered:

"Mrs. Burt, I'm sorry. Liam and I were just fooling around. It won't happen again."

I looked at Liam for help, and he nodded his head feverishly. Mrs. Burt didn't seem convinced or forgiving.

"Oh, I'll make sure of that. Detention, for both of you."

I heard snickers, but I just stared at Liam. Like me, his mouth was curved into a perfect "O".