13. Past Comes To Life.

"S-Sister?" I stuttered, my hands sweaty from their grip on my phone.

"Victoria! Sorry, sweetie. There's a lot to talk about. Lena, come home, now." demanded my mother.

"Okay, mom." And with those words, I hung up.

I looked at Liam, who read my fear and shock. I shook my head tiredly, and stood up.

"Sorry Li, I've got to go. Family emergency." I said.

He nodded understandingly.

I gave him a quick hug, and ran to my house. A million questions were making my head hurt. I had a sister? How? Who was she? And if this isn't some kind of sick joke, why was she here now?

In front of my house, a flashy red car was parked. I took my time walking to the front door, and hesitantly unlocked it. I could hear two people shouting.

I entered the living room, only to see two women sitting face to face. One of them was my mom, the other one was a complete stranger to me. She had long, wavy, brown hair that cascaded to her waist. Her eyes were brown, chestnut like. She had delicate features, yet she looked familiar.

When her gaze landed on me, she immediately stood up, and shook my hand.

"Who are you?" I asked, averting my eyes between her and my mom, who looked like she was about to cry.

"I'm Victoria Winter, your sister."

Her words hit me like a cold, hard slap in the face. I was astonished, surprised and shock.

"No, I'm an only child. Right mom?" I hoped she'd exclaim: "Got you! You just got pranked!" Yet, she didn't, she put her head in her hands.

"No, Lena, I'm your sister." said Victoria. Her eyes flickered with fatigue.

"H-How?"

"I'm your half-sister. I'm older than you with approximately a year."

This didn't clear anything up.

"How?" I repeated.

Finally, my mom decided to answer, her voice was throaty :"Your dad had a daughter with his ex-wife, before he married me."

My face went slack, my mouth slightly open, and I felt all color draining from my face as I stared wide-eyed at my...my sister. I froze up to a point where I could hardly feel myself breathing, but when shock began to melt away, everything returns slowly. 

 I let out a sudden sigh, opened my mouth to speak. Then I snapped it shut.

I gulped.

"Impossible." I said, my voice raspy and barely audible.

Victoria and Mom stayed very still waiting for my reaction.

I regained strength.

"Mother! How could he? He had a daughter?" I bellowed.

My mom shrunk down a little, guilt taking over her. I knew what that meant?

"You knew?"

But the way she put her head down gave me the answer.

"How could you? How could you hide my own sister from me!"

Victoria advanced towards me and put her hand on my shoulder. I shook it off.

"She didn't know that I was going to be here. Every one thought I'd live in England forever." She explained calmly. That cleared up the fact that she had a thick, British accent.

"Why are you here now?" I struggled keeping my nerves collected.

"Well, my mom just died-"