Chapter 24

Kinagabihan naman ay nagkanya kanya silang lakad para mag karoon ng quality time. Halos buong araw din na magkasama sila Mazee, Chi at Eis. Kahit sa island hopping ay hindi sila nauubusan nang kwentuhan.

Naghanda si Dallas ng isang initimate candle light dinner para kay Mazee sa isang kilalang private resort and restaurant.

Hindi maiwasan ni Mazee ang mapangiti nang makita ang set up na ginawa ni Dallas para sa kanya. It was a romantic by the seaside candelite dinner.

Maraming lights sa paligid at sobrang ganda ng table na naka set up. Inalalayan ni Dallas si Mazee hanggang makaupo sa isang lamesa at inabot ang isang long stem red rose. Nakangiting inabot ni Mazee yon.

"Do you know why I always give you a long stem red rose?" syang tanong ni Dallas.

"I wonder before, after the incident in Harvard University when you tour me in your school you didn't give me a boquet of roses."

"Yeah.. that was our first date."

"Oh, really! It wasn't our first date. You just tour me around the school." natatawang sagot ni Mazee.

"It is! It was also out first kiss."

"And you first slap from me." di mapigilan nang dalawa na matawa nang balikan yong nakaraan nila.

"That was really precious. I never knew that I would love like this. Even we had been separated for 3 years and our relationship was as quick as snap, you took my heart away. I'm glad that I made you fall for me. I also thought that you were a hopeless case, but the first time I laid my eyes on you, I always want you. It sounds cringe, but it is love at first sight." nakangiting sabi ni Dallas at hinawakan ang kamay ni Mazee na kung saan ang engagement ring.

"You were a gender bender honestly. Who would have thought, you will change me instantly..my preference and now, for the second time around I open my heart again which already belongs to you from the start." pag amin ni Mazee sa kanya. "I had a terrible past, but you still want me."

"It is because I love you so dearly. I will never do the same mistake again. Never! Making you choose will never happen again, I've grown now. I overcome my fear because of you and what I will do now is to face everything with you. I will never jeopardize you and what we have now."

"I made terrible decisions too.. This time, I'll fight harder." nakangiting sagot ni Mazee at mahigpit na hinawakan ang kamay ni Dallas na kanina pa nakahawak sa kamay nya. Nakatingin si Dallas sa suot nya na engagement ring.

"I'm sorry If I put that ring on your finger in a not so good way." bahagya pang napakamot sa may kilay si Dallas. "I was too desperate.. but, let me fix one more thing and I will give you a better proposal." Napangiti si Mazee.

"Proposal is just for formality. I don't need it at all. It's you what matters the most." Dallas chuckled as she intertwined her fingers to Mazee's.

"Red rose not just signifies love, but I am madly deeply inlove with you. I was inlove and still in love with you for the long haul. I cannot say that it is everlasting but I loved you yesterday and I love you today and will love you tomorrow." Napangiti si Mazee sa mga sweet words ni Dallas.

"Dallas, there's one thing I want to tell you." biglang naging seryoso si Mazee.

"I'm all ears, babe."

"What if I am not mentally stable at all. Would you still love me?" tanong nya. Matamang nakatitig lang sa kanya si Dallas.

"Whatever in your mind, whatever and who you are I am here. I'll fight with you no matter what. It is all because I love you." Hindi maiwasan na kumawala ang kusa ang isang patak ng luha sa mata ni Mazee. For all the years, she was crying out of fear, loneliness and trauma. This was the first time that she had a tear of happiness.