Chapter 2: Meeting Urokodaki

It had taken (Y/n) an hour to reach the forest from which her mom had told her to go southeast to reach Urokodaki's house. She had only taken a single bag of belongings from her house as didn't have many belongings to begin with either way.
"I wonder who this Urokodaki is... Why did Mama give me his address?

The night had started to fall. An eery presence filled the forest, and (Y/n) started to feel uneasy. "Oh god... I feel a weird aura. I hope it's nothing. I've never been in a forest alone. I hope there won't be any wild animals..." (Y/n) thought. "I'll be alright. I'm sure Mama is watching over me."

(Y/n) was carrying a talisman her mother always told her to keep with her when she went out. Little did she know, the talisman had wisteria flower poison in it.

Just then, she heard a hoarse voice from behind her.
"Wow, finally some fresh food! I've only had old ass men for months. A fresh and pretty teen girl will be a good change of diet~"
(Y/n) turned around to see a lizard-like yellow demon crawling on the ground, its tongue hanging outside of its mouth.
"What on earth is that??" (Y/n) shouted.
"I see you haven't been introduced to the concept of demons. Too bad it's too late now. This forest is practically the feeding ground for a couple of demons."

(Y/n) took a step back and held the talisman in front of her.
"You can't run," the demon said, sprinting towards her. When it was just a couple of feet close to her, it fell to the ground and clutched its head. "AHH, what is that, a talisman??? KEEP IT AWAY FROM ME!"

(Y/n) took that as an opportunity to run away as fast as she could. Once she was far enough, she stopped to catch her breath. She felt horrified at what she just saw.
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUDGE WAS THAT CREATURE!?!? I can't believe this. I hope I don't run into any more demons... Thank god I can run fast..." (Y/n) thought, her heart beating fast.

(Y/n) kept walking, hoping to find some shelter to stay the night. She eventually came upon a small cave. She inspected the cave before collapsing to the ground due to exhaustion.
"I should get some sleep.. I'll continue my journey to Urokodaki's house tomorrow morning," (Y/n) thought, before instantly falling asleep.

Next morning...
(Y/n) had started walking before the sun was out, as she was barely able to sleep anyway. The forest was full of sounds and (Y/n) woke up at every little sound she heard. 

"My head hurts so much and I'm still tired... I don't think I even got a couple of hours of sleep."

"I should hurry up. I wonder how close I am to this person's house. I hope I reach before tonight...", (Y/n) thought as she quickened her pace.

Just then, she saw a man in a tengu mask from the corner of her eye.
"That (H/c) hair... you must be (Y/n) (L/n), right?" he questioned.
"Y-yes.. How do you know my name?" (Y/n) replied.
"I'll answer your questions later. I'm Urokodaki."
"Oh... okay. Nice to meet you, Urokodaki-sama."
"Hmm. Now follow me. My home is nearby," Urokodaki said as he started running, (Y/n) desperately trying to keep up with him.

"Hold up... JUST HOW OLD IS THAT MAN!?!?" (Y/n) thought while trying her best to keep up with Urokodaki.

Soon, both Urokodaki and (Y/n) were in front of a small hut, which was Urokodaki's house. (Y/n) was panting in exhaustion, trying to catch her breath.
"So... what now?"
"Follow me. We're climbing up this hill."
"Why?"
"As you might know, I'm a former demon slayer. I'm going to train you to become a demon slayer."
"You're a what?" (Y/n) asked, confused.
Urokodaki kept walking swiftly as he explained. "There are demons that exist in the world who kill and eat people to get stronger. They don't age or die unless they are beheaded with a nichirin blade or exposed to the sun, that's why demons can't walk in open spaces during the day. Certain people called demon slayers who work in the demon slayer corps are specially trained to kill demons. I'm going to train you to become one."

(Y/n)'s jaw dropped as she tried to process all of this new information. All she managed to mumble was, "...what?". 
"Yes. We're at the top of this hill now. You need to successfully reach my hut before sunrise. If you do so, I will accept you as my student and I will train you. Otherwise, you are going back. Understood?"
"Uh... yes," (Y/n) said, despite a million questions racing in her head.
"Good," Urokodaki said, as he started climbing down the hill and disappeared in seconds.

"Oh my god, so that creature last night was a demon? And now I have to become a demon slayer? I didn't even sign up for this!" (Y/n) said to herself, sighing.
"Oh well, he is going to take me in and I won't have to deal with my crappy father. And this place is isolated with very little noise, so I guess it's a win-win. Crowded places are too overwhelming..."
"I should probably get going if I want to be back by sunrise. Just walking down this hill won't be too hard."

It was a full moon with the moonlight shining beautifully down on (Y/n). She started walking down, only to fall into a ditch that was covered with leaves.
"Oh god... He trapped the place. The air is really thin too, I can barely breathe.", (Y/n) climbed out of the ditch and started walking carefully, trying to regulate her breathing. Just then, she stepped on a rope and a log hit her hard on her arm.
"These hurt like hell... ouch. I'll try to dodge these by running."

(Y/n) started running and dodged a couple of traps, but then her ankle got tied in a rope and she got lifted upside down from a tree. She took out her pocket knife (which she always had, just in case) and cut the rope, falling down on a trap as a couple of rocks hit her head.
"Ow! Isn't this a bit too harsh? How am I supposed to climb down the hill with all these traps and this thin air!?!?" (Y/n) kneeled down on the ground, feeling overwhelmed.

"I still have to do this though. I can't go back to my home. God knows how my father will react when he finds out I ran away," (Y/n) stood up and started running again, despite the fact that her stomach was having a stinging pain where she was stabbed over 6 months ago.
"I'll get back to the hut by sunrise. I'm going to prove myself to Mama!"

Back with Urokodaki...
It had been an hour since he had left (Y/n) on the hill, and it was almost sunrise.
"Mei did say that her daughter was capable enough of this..."

Just then, Urokodaki saw a bloodied and panting (Y/n) on the door.
"I'm... back..." (Y/n) gasped for air, collapsing beside the door.
"Congratulations, (Y/n). You're now my new student."

Short note:
In this fanfic, (Y/n) is 15 years old right now, and Tanjiro will be one year older than her, and Nezuko will be two years younger than (Y/n). I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I'll try to upload at least thrice per week. Thanks for reading! <3