Chapter 18: An Unexpected Meeting

The crowd gathered towards the couple as the man bit down on his wife's shoulder, causing her to scream in pain. The man's face had completely changed into that of a feral beast's, as his eyes turned dark red.

(Y/n) ran towards the man and pinned him down, stuffing her handkerchief into his mouth.
"Honey! Are you alright?" the transformed man's wife screamed in horror.
"Tanjiro! Wrap her wound tightly with a cloth!" (Y/n) shouted. Tanjiro did as she asked, and bound the cloth with a rope.

"He was just an ordinary passerby a moment ago. He hasn't killed anybody. He should be alright," she panicked.

"It's alright, dear," Muzan said soothingly to his afraid "daughter". "Let's go somewhere that isn't dangerous."

The girl glared at Muzan as she debated whether to run after him or stay there and restrain the man. 
"Damn it. I can't leave him behind or he'll kill someone."

"KIBUTSUJI MUZAN!" Tanjiro shouted as he stayed with the woman. "NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, I'LL NEVER LET YOU OFF THE HOOK!"

"What's with that boy, Tsukihiko? Do you know him?" Muzan's "wife," asked as they walked away. He didn't respond. 

"YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY FROM ME, KIBUTSUJI! I'LL PURSUE YOU TO THE DEPTH OF HELL AND CUT OFF YOUR HEAD WITH MY SWORD!!" a raged Tanjiro yelled at him. "I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

Despite his shouts, Muzan managed to escape the crowd with his so-called "family".
"Pathetic. Those humans don't deserve her consideration," Muzan thought as he walked away.

"Hey! What are you up to?" policemen appeared out of nowhere. "Are they drunk?"
"Hey, girl. Get off that man," another policeman asked.

"No. Can you please get me some chains? This person might kill someone!" (Y/n) pleaded.
"That's enough. Get up!"
"I can't! I'm only trying to help!"

One of the policemen grabbed the girl's wrist and tried to twist it,  but the scent of flowers mixed with the atmosphere as flower patterns surrounded the scene, causing the people around to fall unconscious.
"Enchanting Blood: Aroma of Visual Fantasy."

"What is this scent?" Tanjiro thought as he warily looked around, "If it's some kind of attack, this timing isn't great."
"Oh, great... What is it now?" (Y/n) looked for the source of the flowery aroma.

"You will still call someone a human even if they have turned into a demon and try your best to cure them." A woman with hazy lavender eyes and dark brown hair held in a low bun appeared before the duo. She wore a dark purple kimono decorated with flowers. "So let me give you a helping hand."

A boy with lavender-purple eyes and light green to black hair glared at Tanjiro and (Y/n) from behind the lady.

"Why are you doing this?" Tanjiro asked as he realized the woman was a demon as she healed her arm wound from casting her spell in mere seconds.

"I am a demon, but I am also a healer," she replied calmly. "I am also bent on eradicating a certain Michae- Ahem, Muzan Kibutsuji." (Alright, jokes aside)

🌺

Tanjiro backed away nervously as the udon shopkeeper shouted at him.
"Listen up! It's not that you haven't paid me, BUT THAT YOU'VE WASTED MY UDON!" he screamed, nerves bulging out on his forehead, "YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT!"

"I'm sorry," (Y/n) bowed, "Please give us another one!"
"WILL YOU EAT IT??"
"YES! I'M SORRY-"
"ARE YOU SURE!?!?" he cut her off.
"I'M SUR-"
"Good," he folded his hands.

Spotting Nezuko awake and sitting on the bench, he pointed at her furiously. "So will you! Put that tube down if you want some of my udon," he yelled at a bewildered Nezuko. "What's that tube for, anyways??"