Chapter 13: Finally

The duo had tried to get some information from the demons they met in the Final Selection on turning a demon back into a human but found nothing. They would've tried more but with a hurt leg that (Y/n) had sustained while fighting the hand demon and Tanjiro's head injury, it wasn't too easy.

🌺

"Wisteria..." Tanjiro and (Y/n) had tried to get data from one last demon and ultimately failed, as it was only intent on killing them. After beheading the demon, they had come across a scenery laden with wisteria flowers. 

"Tanjiro-kun, we survived!" the girl exclaimed in joy as she hugged the boy, making his face heat up.

They walked a bit further to find 4 more people.
"Only six of us? We started with over twenty." (Y/n) spotted the boy who had saved her during her fight with the hand demon and thought of approaching him to thank him, but decided not to as the scowl on his face seemed very uninviting.

"That person I protected didn't make it too..." thought Tanjiro, a bit sad.

All the other passed participants of the Final Selection looked at (Y/n) in awe.
"She's so pretty..." a girl with black hair and purple eyes thought.
"That girl looks like a goddess! She looks perfect even after seven days in this jungle!!" A yellow-haired boy stared at her.
"It seems she managed to defeat that demon," the boy with a scar on his face who saved (Y/n) thought.

Just then, the group saw the twins in front of them again.
"Welcome back, everyone," they said in unison, standing in front of a table covered with a purple cloth.
"Congratulations, everyone," the white-haired twin congratulated the surviving group.
"Thank goodness you're all fine," said the black-haired twin.

"Oi, what should I do next? Where's the sword?" asked the scarred boy.
"First of all, please accept the distribution of uniforms," the twin replied. "After that, the rank will be engraved."

"There's a total of ten ranks," the black-haired twin continued.
"Kinoe."
"Kinoto."
"Hinoe."
"Hinoto."
"Tsuchinoe."
"Tsuchinoto."
"Kanoe."
"Kanoto."
"Mizunoe."
"Mizunoto," the twins said alternately. "Everyone is currently in the lowest rank, Mizunoto."

"Where's the sword?" the scarred boy repeated.
"For the steel to be used in sword making, please choose an ore today," the white-haired twin answered, "The sword-making process will take 10 to 15 days to complete."

The boy sighed in annoyance. "What the hell?"
(Y/n) wondered if she should say something, but ended up staying quiet.

"Before we begin..." the white-haired twin clapped his hands twice as crows appeared who perched themselves on the participants' shoulders, "A Kasugai Crow will follow you from now on."

(Y/n)'s crow perched himself on her shoulder. The girl smiled as she patted the crow's head.
"What's your name?" she asked.
"My name is Yoshi!" he replied.
"Nice to meet you, Yoshi! I believe you'll be with me from now on." She smiled.

"Kasugai Crow is a crow primarily used for communication," the twin further elaborated.
"Crow? Isn't this a sparrow?" the yellow-haired boy's sweat dropped with the sparrow perched in his hand.

"We'll start with the uniform distribution." The twin nudged towards the tailor who set the uniforms on a table.
"I'm Masao Maeda, the person who made your uniforms!" the tailor who had huge round glasses on his face said cheerfully, "I'll call out your names so you can receive your uniforms!"

The tailor called out the names of the passed participants as they took their uniforms. 
"And last, (Y/n) (L/n)." He handed the girl her uniform.

"Err... Isn't this a bit inappropriate for a teenager?" (Y/n) said hesitantly as she opened her uniform which consisted of a short skirt with shorts and a shirt with a hole in the chest area.
"No, it looks perfect. That's completely perfect," he said as he waved off the girl's comment.

"Excuse me." A voice said behind (Y/n). "I think you should listen to what (Y/n) is saying and give her a more appropriate uniform." The tailor looked to see a furious Tanjiro giving him a death glare staring right into his soul which could crush anyone. "Otherwise, I'll make sure you'll never walk in the-"

"I'M S-SORRY, I- I'll make a new outfit a-as soon as I can!!!" The scared tailor stammered as he frantically bowed down, "I'll send the new uniform along with the sword delivery!"
"Ah, thank you for your consideration!" Tanjiro smiled at the tailor as (Y/n)'s sweat dropped.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE UNIFORM!" the scarred boy suddenly screamed as he rushed towards the white-haired twin. He pulled the twin's hair as the duo gasped.

"The sword, I WANT IT. I want the Demon Slayer Corps' sword," he spat into the twin's face, "I WANT THE COLOR-CHANGING SWORD!"

Just then, the scarred boy found a hand clutching his arm. He looked up from the twin to see (Y/n) giving him a deadly smile. "I appreciate that you helped me back there, but I will kindly request you to not hurt the child."
"You heard what she said." Tanjiro gave him a glare that clearly said 'If-you-hurt-her-I-will-kill-you'.

"Tch. Whatever." The boy let go of the twin's hair.

"Are you done talking?" The black-haired twin asked as he removed the purple cloth from the table. 
"Please choose an ore, everyone. The steel of the sword is used to kill demons and protect yourself. This ore will be used to make your sword."

"I'll probably die immediately..." the yellow-haired boy mumbled, as the group stepped in front of the table.

"Even if I had to choose any of these ores, I don't know which one I'm supposed to choose... It's my first time seeing them," (Y/n) thought. "I can't decide just by looking at them."

"I have no idea what to choose," the scarred boy grumbled under his breath.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and tried to detect the best one by her sense of auras. "I think I know which one to choose..." The girl gulped as she stepped in front of the table to choose first.

"This is it."

🌺