Chapter 24: Wisteria House Drama

"WHAT HAPPENED???" Inosuke shouted the moment he woke up from unconsciousness.
The wild boar spotted a peaceful Zenitsu standing in the wild and started running after him. "FIGHT ME!"

"AHH! DON'T CHASE ME!" Zenitsu ran away from Inosuke, almost as if it were a game of tag. "HE'S EVEN LIKE THIS AFTER WAKING UP!"
"BAHAHA! LET'S FIGHT!"

Zenitsu hid behind a surprised Teruko. Inosuke spotted Tanjiro and (Y/n) digging holes in the ground for reasons unknown. Kiyoshi and Shoichi were helping them.
"What are you guys doing?" Inosuke asked the duo in an accusing voice.
"We're digging graves. Ever heard of them?" 
"HA? I KNOW EVERYTHING!"
"Right. I'm sorry for assuming otherwise," (Y/n) said.

"Can you help us to bury the bodies, Inosuke?" Tanjiro said, a bit frustrated. He decided he'd take care of him if Inosuke ever threatened his partner or Nezuko again, and pushed aside his anger for the time being. "There are more dead people in the house."
"What's the meaning of burying a corpse? I won't do it. Leave that and come fight with me!"

"This guy is really odd. He's asking the meaning of such a simple thing," Zenitsu thought. "And what's with him and fights?"
"I see..." Tanjiro said worriedly. "You can't help because you're seriously injured, right? I'm sorry. Everyone has a different pain tolerance."

"Both of them are hopeless," the older girl thought. "One is too stupid and the other one is too kind."
"Moving the corpses, digging, and burying them can be really tiring. I'll be able to do it with the others. You can rest meanwhile," Tanjiro smiled at Inosuke, already feeling a bit guilty about headbutting him. "I'm sorry for forcing you to do so when you're injured."

"WHAT THE HELL? DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ME!" Inosuke shouted. "Be it a hundred or two hundred people, watch me as I bury them! I'm better at burying bodies than ANYONE ELSE!"

                                                                         🎇

All of the eight bodies were buried within one hour.

Meanwhile, Inosuke was running like the sky was falling and headbutting trees while the rest, including the kids, prayed for the dead people to rest in peace.
"What's that man doing there, Onii-chan?" Teruko asked Kiyoshi.
"Don't look at him. If we ignore him, maybe he'll go away," he said.

"Kaw!" Yoshi appeared from the sky alongside Matsuemon. "(Y/n) (L/n), Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma, Inosuke Hashibira, can you all go down the mountain now?" Yoshi asked politely, unlike Matsuemon's talking mannerisms. He was much more shy.

"The crow is actually talking?" Shoichi was surprised.
"Don't overthink," Kiyoshi replied.

"Alright, follow us now or else! Caw!" Matsuemon said, not so politely. "And Yoshi, you don't have to be so nice. The humans are below us!"
"We're below you because we can't fly, or did you mean metaphorically?" (Y/n) asked.
"Both metaphorically and literally."
"Hey, that's mean!" Zenitsu said.
"I can't find who asked."
"Matsu, please be nicer," Yoshi requested.
"No."

The group followed the crows.
"Oi, where are you all going?" Inosuke questioned.
"We're going down the mountain," Tanjiro replied. "You need to come too."
"We're not done with our duel yet!"
"You must be tired, right? You can come down the mountain later, or do you want us to wait for you?" Tanjiro asked.
"I'm not tired at all, you peasants! I'll be the first one down the mountain!"

                                                                         🎇

It had already been night by the time Tanjiro, (Y/n), Zenitsu, and Inosuke had reached the place Yoshi and Matsuemon had led them to. It was a huge house. They had already dropped the children near their homes, so it was just the five of them now, Nezuko in tow.