Chapter 20: French Fries

"YOU REPULSIVE INSECT!" the demon's head lay on the dirty ground as he shouted at (Y/n), standing 10 feet away from him. "I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

One of the arrow demon's eyeballs came out of his eye socket and lay on the ground, connected only by a nerve as he slowly faded away. "If I can't take you to the lord, I'm going to take you out for the rest of the fight!"

Once again, the eyes on his hands opened with a sign of arrows going in multiple directions. The eyes blinked, sending (Y/n) flying around in a dozen directions.

(Y/n)'s head connected with the wall behind her, causing everything to go black.

                                                                       🌺

A few minutes later...
(Y/n) woke up confused and disoriented in an unfamiliar room. She slowly sat up in their bed, trying to remember what happened. As her mind cleared, she noticed the feeling of bandages wrapped around her head. She finally remembered her crashing into a wall that probably led to her head injury.

She looked around the room and found Nezuko's empty box, but as she tried to stand up her head only throbbed more.

"Please don't sit up, (Y/n)-san. You have a minor concussion that needs rest to heal," a gentle voice said in front of her. (Y/n) looked up to find Tamayo. "You're in the basement."
"A c-concussion?" The dim orange lights around her made her eyes hurt. "How long was I passed out?"

The thought of Tanjiro then popped into her head and she stood up frantically. "I-is Tanjiro o-okay?"
"He's alright. The stutter is an obvious symptom of your concussion. Please, sit down." Tamayo rushed to (Y/n) and forced her to sit down. "As for your question, you were unconscious for just half an hour."

"What about the other demon?" the younger girl asked. 
"We defeated her. You must not worry yourself too much. It's harmful to you right now."

"Tamayo-san? Yushiro-san?" muffled voices came into the room.
"We're in here. Come down if you want, your presence doesn't matter," a voice said from outside the room, which sounded like Yushiro's.

Seconds later, Tanjiro and Yushiro entered the room together.
"You're awake!" both of them said simultaneously. They glared at each other. 

(Y/n) gave them a weak smile. "Sorry to worry you guys. I'm alright."
Nezuko ran into the room, kicking down the door. "NHM-HMM!" She tackled (Y/n) into a big hug, overjoyed.
"Aw, were you worried about me? I'm alright," she said, giving Nezuko head pats.

Nezuko then turned to Tamayo and hugged her, probably to thank her for taking care of (Y/n).

Yushiro's face twitched in anger seeing Nezuko hugging Tamayo.
"Stay away from Lady Tamayo. You're too disrespectful!"
"Stop that, Yushiro. It's fine," Tamayo said.

"B-but she's-" Yushiro was interrupted by a pillow hitting his head.
"You want a reminder of what I can do?" (Y/n) gave him a death glare.

"Whatever..." Yushiro folded his hands and turned away. Nezuko felt pity for him and gave him head pats.
"Stop it!"

Tanjiro walked towards (Y/n). "How's your head? Does it hurt much?"
She gave him a reassuring nod, "I am, don't worry."

Tamayo turned towards the duo. "Ever since just now, Nezuko has been in this state," she referred to how Nezuko was constantly petting Yushiro's head despite him shouting at her. "Is she alright?"
"She is. I think she takes the two of you as our family members," replied Tanjiro.