Poison and Assemblies

"All right!" Koro-sensei calmed down and walked towards his desk. "Let's begin our lesson."

Okuda stiffly stared at her desk as Koro-sensei passed by.

Sora was quick to notice that. What was going on with her? Was she planning an assassination attempt?

As he was thinking this Koro-Sensei added a strawberry lace into a beaker. Water was added inside, and then when the sweet was lifted out the water was stained a pale red.

The class looked surprised.

"Oh, it's bright red..." Maehara murmured.

Sora raised an eyebrow at that and turned toward Yuki. "Do they not know how food-coloring works?"

"I'd like to have some color." Yuki muttered, making an obvious joke about her albinism.

"Chill with the self-deprecation." Sora ordered.

"Yes sir..." She jokingly replied.

"Exactly!" Koro-sensei exclaimed.

Okuda was silently watching, looking very nervous.

"And that concludes our experiment to extract artificial colouring..." Koro-sensei said. In a flash, their teacher collected all of their science equipment. "...From snack food!" He held all of their sweets, sweating like an addict gone cold turkey. "I'll be taking the leftover snacks now!"

"What?!" the class exclaimed.

He zoomed off and hid them away before re-appearing empty-handed.

"We bought those ourselves!" Mimura snapped.

From the back table, Nagisa was lost for words, Hiroto looked pissed off while Kataoka only looked slightly upset, and Kayano just smiled.

"He used this as an excuse to swipe snacks, 'cause payday isn't until tomorrow," Maehara stated irritably.

"Why is a super-organism that can destroy the Earth living paycheck to paycheck?" Kataoka commented dryly.

Yuki just giggled at both the comments, and the entire situation.

Then they looked up in surprise when Okuda slowly walked past them towards Koro-sensei.

"Huh?" Koro-sensei glanced at her curiously.

Okuda kept her gaze trained on the ground and held her hands behind her back. "Umm, sir...?"

"Can I help you, Okuda?" the teacher asked kindly.

Sora watched with baited breath.

"Umm!" She looked up fearfully and then closed her eyes, shoving two vials into view. "This is poison, please drink it!"

"What..." Sora muttered.

Most of the class were confused but some of them looked amused by her effort.

"Now that's straightforward." Hiroto smiled crookedly.

"I guess..." Okuda said weakly. "That's too much to ask?"

Koro-sensei appeared nervous. "My, this is certainly an honest assassination attempt, Okuda..."

She opened her eyes and hesitantly looked up. "Well, um...I'm not good at surprise attacks and stuff like everyone else," she confessed. "But I am good at chemistry." Her voice started to gain some momentum. "So I made this with all my heart and soul!"

"Uh..."

The class looked on in surprise.

"Heart and soul?" Koro-sensei repeated, shocked.