Gone With the Wind

Yuki stared at the empty desk in front of her yet again. For the 5th day in a row, Sora was nowhere to be seen. Ever since her failed confession, she hadn't seen him even once. The most she knew about the situation was a message he sent to Karasuma-sensei. Hence why he wasn't being marked down as absent. She knew that he had a reason.

But what was that reason? He had been acting strange ever since they got back from Okinawa. And even before they arrived back home there had been something off about him. Almost like he had been nervous, or afraid.

She had wanted to help him. But how could she help when she didn't know anything? It was so frustrating.

"You seem out of it." Itona pointed out, walking past her desk. The white-haired girl turned, looking up at him with a small smile.

"Oh? Hey Itona." She greeted, as Itona glanced over at Sora's desk.

"Is Sora absent again?"

"Yup! Really living up to that slacker label of his huh?" Yuki forced a laugh. This in turn earned a confused look from Itona.

"Is that really something to laugh about?" He asked.

"Eh, he missed class all the time at the start of the year. I'm sure he has a reason." Yuki explained, looking down at her desk. Of course, she was lying, this was abnormal, even for Sora.

On one hand, he was rather thankful that she wouldn't have to confront him again just yet. The two hadn't even spoken since the festival.

She was too awkward for that. She was terrified that she had ruined their friendship because of her actions. And as for Sora, she just didn't know. He had been so distant.

It was so...unsettling...watching him just go through the motions. And even more worrying when he suddenly disappeared.

In all the time she'd known him, he'd never allowed himself to go so despondent. Not during any failed assassination, not even when E-Class was mocked by everyone else.

It was almost like he didn't have any sense of shame. Or perhaps, he just had a way of looking past those short-term setbacks.

So then why was he so affected by something now? She wished he was here so she could just sit down and talk to him for once. But instead, he had just vanished into thin air, and only Karasuma-sensei knew where he was!

Maybe he would tell her if she asked nicely? She doubted it, but it was worth a shot.

"Huh? So he's gone again huh?" Karma spoke, loudly gaining the classes attention.

"Yep, I'm almost starting to worry about the guy." Sugaya agreed.

"He hasn't missed class this often ever since Koro-sensei arrived." Maehara added, also glancing toward his desk. A confused expression on his face.

"Do you know anything, Yuki?" Nagisa inquired, looking over at her. "You're even closer with him than Itona. Have you heard anything?"

Yuki was silent for a moment, before she let out a sigh, shaking her head. "No, absolutely nothing."

That again, gained some murmurs from the class.

"Has anyone tried calling him? Honestly, I'm starting to get a little worried." Isogai asked.

"On it!" Kayano agreed, dialing the number into her phone. But her eyes widened slightly as she saw the response. "He has me blocked!?"

"Seriously?" Maehara muttered. "The hell is going on with him."

"If he blocked Kayano completely unprompted, it could stand to reason that he may also have blocked everyone else." Itona pointed out.

"Yes. I can confirm." Ritsu added, her screen popping to life. "Even I am unable to get a hold of him."