Itona's RC Car and Codenames

"All right, class. I'll see you tomorrow." Koro-sensei slid the window open. "I finally got paid, so I'm heading out for some," he put on a bad Chinese accent, "Shanghai crab! Yi, er, san, go!"

Sora stared incredulously at the Octopus.

"I guess that's why Bitch-sensei teaches us foreign language?" He muttered.

"Tell me about it." Sugaya added.

"No fair leaving us out!" someone exclaimed.

Nagisa looked at Maehara as he sighed and leaned his head on his desk. "Now that it's the second term, our work's getting a lot harder."

"Koro-sensei's really trying to get our grades up," Nagisa said.

"That's nice and all, but I haven't picked up any girls in ages."

"You could just commit to one." Yuki muttered.

Nagisa chuckled awkwardly, glancing to the side. He seemed to notice something.

Maehara and Nagisa strolled over to Itona's desk, where he was tinkering with a controller-like thing.

"You're sticking around, Itona-kun?" Nagisa asked. "Hm? What are you making?"

"Just what it looks like: an RC tank," Itona replied.

"Why?"

"Oh, Koro-sensei made him sit through an all day cram session. So he's making that to kill him." Sora explained, sitting down beside Itona, looking over the creation.

This kid really had a gift with robotics.

____________________

A group of boys crowded around Itona's desk.

"Is this for real?" someone wondered.

Takebayashi peered into a camera lens. "This thing uses cell phone camera parts."

"Wow, Itona... You thought up these tweaks yourself?" Isogai asked.

"I learned basic electronics at my old man's shop. Anybody could do it," Itona replied. "Except Terasaka."

Terasaka raised his fist at him warningly.

"Settle down tough guy." Sora quipped.

Itona set the tank on the floor. Everyone watched as the tank moved around.

"Woah!" Okajima's face shone with excitement.

The tank turned and a small telescope-thing moved down.

Itona narrowed his eyes and aimed at some cans, firing small bullets out of the cylinder.

"Amazing..." Hands-on hips, Sugaya peered at it. "It's practically silent when it moves and when it shoots!"

"I used a lot of electronic controls to minimise gear noise," Itona explained.

Muramatsu whistled in appreciation.

"The camera feed is sent to the controller, moving in tandem with the main gun's sight." The camera captured the knocked over cans.

"Wow, real spy stuff!" Maehara exclaimed.

"Even if you can aim this at him...where would you aim?" Nagisa asked.

"I'll let you guys in on something," Itona said. "There's one ideal place you should be aiming for: our target's weak spot."

...

"Why are you only telling us this now..."

....