Reconcile

Sora stared down at the phone. The same 'Unknown Number' signal as last time flashed in his face. What did Izumi need now? Was he calling him just to mock him? Or was there something more? He was almost afraid to answer.

"Is that Izumi?" Kota asked, sitting across from him with a worried expression. This earned a nod from Sora. Akihiko and Sumi stared at the phone as well.

"Are you gonna answer it?" Sumi asked, earning a nod from Sora.

After another moment of contemplation, he sighed. Throwing caution to the wind he pressed the answer button.

"What do you want Izumi-"

"Sorry for all this...Sora."

His eyes went wide, nearly dropping the phone as his breathing became more erratic. This was a sick joke. It had to be some sick joke!

"Yuki please tell me you just got a new number." He uttered. The faces in the room shifted accordingly. Confusion from Akihiko, shock from Sumi, and anger from Kota.

And as for Sora? Indecipherable.

"That would be the happy end to all of this huh?" Yuki laughed, though it held no humor. "Sorry, I'd love to just chat, but your old friend isn't all that patient right now."

Sora felt his breath catch in his throat.

"We're at the train yard. He didn't tell me which one, but he said that you would know." Yuki explained, not even an ounce of fear in her voice. "You have until Midnight to arrive. And that you should come alone."

"I-I'm sorry-"

"It's okay." She reassured him. "Everything's gonna be okay. I know you."

The line went dead. Dropping the phone on the ground, Sora buried his face in his palms. He breathed slowly and deliberately. Almost like he was afraid he would forget how.

Then suddenly, he slammed his fist against the table. Shaking it with the force.

"We should leave for Osaka right away-"

"No. I already have a plan." Sora cut him off. "Even if we leave by car right now, we'll only arrive minutes before the deadline."

He grabbed his phone of the floor. Quickly pressing a few buttons.

"What are you-"

Suddenly, Ritsu appeared on screen.

Her face was confused for a moment. But the moment she saw Sora she jumped for joy. "Sora!"

"Hey Ritsu." Sora greeted, his face blank as he spoke.

Akihiko stared at him. "Sora is now really the time to talk to your waifu-"

"She's an AI. Her real name is a mouthful, so we call her Ritsu." Sora shot back, glaring at Akihiko for even implying what he did.

"AI?" Kota asked.

Seemingly ignoring the other conversation. Ritsu kept cheering. "We've all been so worried about you!"

Sora shot Kota and the others a look. Which they all responded to by going silent.

"Yeah, sorry to run off like that." He explained. "Listen I need you to call everyone to the Old Campus Building. There's something they all need to know."

He gestured toward the others that it was time to leave. All three of them stood, making their way toward the car.

"Oh? Okay! I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you-"

"And don't bother with Yuki. She won't be able to answer." Sora ordered

"Huh?"

"Just trust me." Sora spoke, making his way after the other three.