Summer Break Begins!

"Whoa, just look at 'em all!" Sugino exclaimed.

"Ah, summer vacation—and the freedom of being out of school!" Nagisa said ironically, sighing. "Or so you'd think." He looked at Sugino pointedly as the boy carefully picked up one of the beetles. "Why are we here at school?"

Sugino smiled sheepishly. "Well...I don't want everyone to see me out catching bugs at my age."

"If you wanna avoid getting picked on you probably shouldn't have invited me." Sora pointed out, his hands in his pockets as he leaned against one of the trees.

"Better to get picked on by one of my friends than someone that doesn't like me." Sugino pointed out, turning back toward Sora. "Besides, we haven't had a chance to hang out like this since The Baseball Game."

Sora sighed, he had to admit that it was true. With everything that had been going on, Finals and The Festival, E-Class hadn't really had any time to just sit back and relax.

He held up the bug. "Anyway, I grew up in the city, I've never really had a chance to do this. And Karma happened to point me to a tree with some good bugs on it."

He turned around where Maehara was leaning against a tree. "I didn't expect you to come, Maehara. Never pegged you as an insect fan."

Maehara smiled and turned around."Our next assassination will be at that island resort, right?" He smirked. "Wouldn't you say we're missing a little something?"

"Like what?" Sugino replied.

"MONEY!" Maehara's eyes shone with Yen signs.

"Isn't almost everything paid for by the school?" Sora muttered.

"Hey! You need buying power if you're gonna snag yourself a swimsuit babe!" Maehara countered, leaving Sora to wonder what kind of 'Swimsuit Babe' would risk going out with a Middle Schooler.

That just sounded like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"That runt won't do the trick...but a giant stag beetle?" He grinned. "Those island babes net you ten of thousands of yen!" His friends looked at him warily. "Auction 'em off online for major cash! We'll make at least enough to cover a fancy dinner and a place to chill out!" Then he sped off, leaving the other two confused.

"I think he's forgotten what this trip's all about," Sugino said.

Nagisa smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, not exactly a fifteen-year-old's vacation plans."

"That won't work," The boys heard, leading to them looking up at the voice. Hinano Kurahashi sat above them with a smirk on her face.

Maehara stopped running, surprised. "Huh?" He looked up.

Kurahashi smiled. "Giant stag beetles? Those are old news."

"Kurahashi?" Sugino replied.

"Morning!" Her smile brightened. "You're all here to scrape up some spending money too, huh?"

Sugino and Nagisa wandered over. "Hey, what do you mean stag beetles are old news?" Sugino asked.

"Well..." Kurahashi climbed down the tree. "I guess they were super pricey right around when we were born."

She smiled

"But today's artificial breeding have saturated the market, bringing their prices way down."

"The Great Stag Beetle Crash!" Maehara looked horrified, while Kurahashi smiled. "I thought one beetle would about pay for one babe."

"No way. These days babes are way more expensive," Kurahashi replied flippantly.