Finals

The scene picked up straight after when Sora mentally entered the gladiator ring with his weapon in hand.

"Let's go."

Nagisa leapt out of the demonic questions incoming blow. "They're faster than they were in mid-terms."

The others in E class were being blown away from the demonic questions hit.

"Yeah. But we are too." Yuki shot back, as she climbed back to her feet.

Nagisa ran towards the question, dodging a blast shot from the monster. And he brought his blade down toward the beast.

____________________

The question descriptions were glowing on the monster's skin as it growled.

"So this is the last problem!?" Seo said arrogantly as he faced down the question while other students were crushed.

"Those scrubs! I spent a year in Los Angeles when my folks worked there. There's no way any Junior high-level stuff will trip me up now!" He hit the monster in the stomach.

The monster's stomach glowered and revealed a quote, 'If you want to know the truth, I felt like slapping the cook's face a hundred times.'

The monster wasn't destroyed though, and just let out a faint growl.

Seo reeled back in shock. "It's not going down? What the!? You could use this as the answer key!"

Suddenly Rio leapt past him and stabbed the creature in the forehead.

"Huh!?" Seo gaped.

Rio grinned. "Why so serious?" she teased. "Lighten up a little, Mr Top Scholar!"

The correct answer glowed blue, revealing the quote,  'Honestly, I wanted to give that cook a hundred slaps in the face.'

The monster exploded as Rio landed gracefully to her feet and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Seo choked. "A perfect score? From the E class?"

Rio looked over her shoulder and beamed. "I guess you never read Salinger's  The Catcher in the Rye."

"Careful Nakamura. We don't wanna bruise his ego too badly." Sora joked, resting his halberd over his shoulder.

Nagisa was up next, he ran up to the question and delivered the same correct answer as Rio.

"I did it!" Nagisa's skidded across the ground as the monster was defeated a second time.

Rio's grin was slightly crooked. "I guess you didn't have many friends overseas, eh, Seo?"

"Burn!" Yuki cheered.

"Like an octopus who practically pushed books onto you?"

Nagisa smiled in amusement.

Seo gritted his teeth and glared. "Damn it!"

Koyama appeared, blasting his way through the answers. "HA! Science is all about memorisation!"

The blast/answer wasn't enough to destroy the question's knight's armour though as it came charging at him.

"Huh? I can't get its armour off!" Koyama yelled, and hastily dodged a blow. "But I know I memorised this!"

"Well, you see..." Okuda wandered by on the peaceful questions shoulder.

"Got it!" The questioned chimed.

Okuda smiled, holding a magical staff of her own. "Real science isn't any fun if it's just memorisation."