Chapter 7: The Room of Requirement

I wasn't sure what I'd expected when Harry said they needed to show me something but it certainly wasn't this. I stood in the Room of Requirement, the walls now lined with books and shelves filled with materials for detecting enemies.

"This... is where we train," Harry said nervously. I could feel him watching me as I looked around the room.

"Harry, what do you mean 'train?'"

"Umbridge wouldn't teach us how to defend ourselves so we thought... we'd simply do it ourselves."

"This is..."

"Reckless, idiotic," Harry muttered.

"...amazing."

"Really?" he asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Really. Harry, this is... amazing. So, what've you been teaching."

Harry began explaining what he'd been teaching the students and exactly how many people were involved.

When he'd finished, something caught my attention. In the corner of the room 3 photos hung on a mirror and I slowly walked over to them. One was a photo of the original members of the Order, smiling happily at the camera. The other was a photo of Cedric and the final photo, the one that shocked me the most was a photo of me from my time in Hogwarts. I looked at Harry curiously and he began explaining.

"To remind us where we came from." He pointed to the photo of the Order. "To remind us what we're fighting for." His hand drifted to the photos of Cedric and I. "So that none of us are lost... and so all of us have a home to come back to."

"Harry... this is so sweet." I could feel my eyes filling with tears as he pulled me into a hug.

"So you... you won't say anything, right? Not to anyone?"

I nodded. "Of course not, love. This is incredible what you're doing here. I'm not going to jeopardize that."

"So you won't say anything to Snape, either?"

"No, Harry," I assured him. "I fear he wouldn't be able to keep this a secret even if he wanted to." He holds too much resentment, I added to myself.

Harry nodded and silence filled the room as neither of us knew what more to say. Neither of us had expected Voldemort to return, though Harry seemed far more prepared than I was. I was still grappling with the idea that Voldemort was my father and the rest of my family had recently escaped from Azkaban.