Chapter 38: I Knew You Had it in You

I quickly made my way downstairs to find Bella and Tom looking confused. I entered the dining room, quickly crossing the floor and pinned Bella against the wall.

"What the hell, Y/n?" she yelled, struggling against my grip as I pressed my wand to her neck. I turned to Tom. "Get out."

"Y/n, what is going on?"

"I said get out!" I yelled but he didn't move.

"My Lord... I truly think it's best you heed her words," Severus said, keeping his head low. "I mean no disrespect, of course, my Lord."

"None taken, Severus. I know better than to incur my daughter's wrath." He gave a slight nod of his head and left the room without another word, which seemed to surprise Severus. I turned to Bella. "What the hell did you do!?"

"I don't know what you mean."

I pushed the wand further against her neck, pressing her against the wall. "The Unbreakable Vow!" I hissed, my voice low as I spoke. "I know what you and Narcissa did."

She smirked, her eyes falling on Severus. "Ran and told your girlfriend, did you? Coward," she chuckled. I moved her away from the wall before quickly slamming her against it once more.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" she shrieked.

I chuckled. "Well... I am my father's daughter... isn't that what you used to tell me during training. This is what you made me."

Her eyes widened. "Y-you've... you've finally accepted this?"

I scoffed. "I've accepted that I will fight to protect what is mine and if you ever put Severus in danger again I will do much worse than this, Bella."

"Y/n, I'm your aunt... it's me... Aunty Bella."

"I don't care. Those words mean nothing to me when you've threatened those I love." My hands began glowing blue but I didn't stop it. My hand moved to her throat, squeezing tightly. "Call him a coward again and I will end you."

"H-he betrayed the Dark Lord..." Her voice was coming out raspy as I squeezed. "He was u-un... unloyal."

"He was loyal to me," I hissed. "He did what was necessary to keep himself out of Azkaban because I needed him. He betrayed no one!"

Her eyes softened as she looked at Severus. "F-for her?"

He nodded. "I am loyal to the Dark Lord but I feared what would happen if I left her alone. Azkaban was highly unsecure and I feared her uncle would find her so I stayed by her side."

She looked back and forth between Severus and I before I finally let her go, releasing my hold on her throat and taking a step back. She fell to the ground, gasping for air, before looking up at Severus.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Severus scoffed. "Would you have believed me if I had? Besides, love is a weakness and I will not be seen as weak."

"It's different," she reasoned. "She's his daughter... your duty to her far outweighs your duty to the Death Eaters because he deems it so."

My breath caught in my throat as the words left her lips. Your duty to her far outweighs your duty to the Death Eaters because he deems it so.

She turned to me. "You seem surprised, dear?"

"I just never... I never thought he'd see it that way. I didn't think he..."

"Cared?"

I nodded.

"The Dark Lord is complicated but not when it comes to you. There is little he cares about more than your happiness, Y/n, and nothing he cares about more than your life."

"I, uh... I'm sorry about before."

She chuckled softly. "I've been waiting to see that side of you for quite some time, sweetheart. I knew you had it in you."

I knew you had it in you.

But what else was inside me, bubbling at the surface, just waiting to be unleashed? This question scared me more than anything.