Chapter 61: Sectumsempra

I breathed a sigh of relief as my feet touched the soil and I saw the Burrow a few yards in front of me. The door opened and Remus came rushing out, his wand raised. I knew this was coming as we had obviously been betrayed but seeing your best friend pointing a wand at you was always a sickening feeling. Harry ran outside but Remus held up his hand, stopping him from coming near me as he watched me carefully.

"During our time together in Hogwarts, who did you Obliviate?"

"You," I answered and he slowly lowered his wand as Harry ran toward me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Did everyone make it back alright?" I asked as Harry and I separated.

"Thanks to you," Alastor said as he hobbled over to us and I smiled at him.

"How's George?" I asked Remus.

"He's resting now. He'll be alright."

I thanked him and we made our way inside. Molly embraced me as Arthur gently touched my shoulder. I could see George lying on the couch and I felt sick to my stomach as I got a good look at his ear. I recognized that spell. Sectumsempra.

Remus placed a hand on my shoulder as Sirius approached us.

"Severus," I said and Sirius nodded.

"His specialty," he added and I looked away from him as Molly changed the subject.

"Well then!" She clapped her hands together. "Everyone's back safe and sound. That's all that matters." She offered me a warm smile, which I returned.

"Has everyone else here been cleared?" I asked and Remus nodded.

"Everyone's been cleared. It was no one here."

"I think we know exactly who it was," Sirius muttered and I sighed, knowing he was probably right, though our reasoning was different. He simply believed Severus a traitor, whereas I had to believe he had no other choice... even if he did cut off George's ear.