Chapter 46: Visitors

I awoke the next morning to the sound of loud voices from the kitchen. I grabbed my wand, changing my clothes and heading into the kitchen.

"Sirius, let's not jump to conclusions. He did send us a warning. It's unlikely he was able to do anything more."

"Oh, please, Arthur. He only sent us that warning because of Y/n. If she wasn't here, he happily would've let us die."

"We shouldn't have let her leave last night. I don't trust them with her!"

I entered the kitchen and the voices stopped as Sirius turned to me. "Y/n! We didn't hear you come in."

"I got in late last night."

"What happened... when you got there?" Sirius asked as Molly placed a plate of breakfast on the table.

"Come have a seat, dear." She smiled but it didn't meet her eyes.

"Thank you, Molly," I said as I took a seat. Her eyes softened and she smiled warmly. I turned to Sirius, answering his question. "I yelled at them and Greyback will be punished as he was the first to attack the house."

"You yelled at Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange?"

I nodded. "He was pretty pissed off when he found out they attacked the house while I was still inside."

A silence filled the room as I began eating. After a few moments of awkward silence Molly spoke up.

"We're planning to begin work on renovating the burrow after the kids return to Hogwarts."

I nodded. "Let me know if you happen to find my wand in the rubble."

"Of course. We'll keep an eye out for it."

I thanked her, finishing the last bite of breakfast, before putting the plate in the sink.

The door knocked and we all jumped. Who could it possibly be? Anyone who knew about this location was already inside the house. Molly's face blanched and they all turned to me.

"Y/n..." Arthur's voice shook as he spoke slowly. "Are you expecting anyone?"

I shook my head and began slowly moving toward the door but Arthur stopped me.

"Y/n... you don't have your wand."

"I'll be fine."

He shook his head. "I'm coming with you."

I knew there was no point in arguing so I nodded and we left the kitchen, heading toward the door as the knock grew louder. I peered through the keyhole, finding Yaxley standing outside and my heart dropped. I watched as he turned to the side and Bella came into view. I grabbed Arthur's arm and led him into the kitchen.

"Y/n, what's going on?"

I quickly shushed him as we stepped into the kitchen. "Molly, where are the kids?"

"They're upstairs... why?"

I turned to Sirius. "Take Molly and Arthur upstairs. Send word out to the rest of the Order to avoid this house."

"Y/n... what is it?" Molly's voice was shaking and Arthur grabbed her.

"Look... I have to answer that door or they're going to get suspicious. Go upstairs and be absolutely silent."

Sirius approached me but I stopped him. "Now!"

He nodded and grabbed Molly and Arthur, dragging them toward the stairs. Arthur paused and turned to me.

"Just to be safe," he whispered, placing his wand in my hand and returning to Molly. They disappeared up the stairs and I heard the shuffling of feet and the children's voices before they were shushed and the house fell silent. I took a breath and returned to the door.

I pulled open the door, glaring at Yaxley. "Can I help you?"

"The Dark Lord has reason to believe that the Order has taken up residence here."

"Why would they do that?" I chuckled.

"Where else would they go?"

I rolled my eyes and he continued, folding his arms across his chest. "So, why are you here? I thought you sold this place? If the Order isn't residing here... then why would you be here?"

I scoffed. "Because they don't trust me enough to let me stay at the new place and I needed somewhere to go."

"Why not stay with your father?" he retorted, practically spitting the word father.

"Yaxley," Bella hissed in warning.

"Look, it's just me staying here for the time being. I don't necessarily feel like staying with the people who just tried to kill me."

"We weren't trying to kill you, sweetheart," Bella reasoned.

I scoffed. "Just collateral damage then." I rolled my eyes, leaning against the doorframe as I tried to appear far more relaxed than I felt. "So what is it you want from me? There's no one here yet you're still standing on my porch. So, what is it you want?"

"We'll need to take a look around."

I scoffed. "Why on earth would I simply invite you into my home?"

"As far as we were aware... it's not your home anymore. In fact, how are you staying here?" he sneered.

I rolled my eyes. "No one was moving in for a while so I'm squatting here until term begins again.

"Then if no one's here... I'm sure you wouldn't mind us taking a look around." His foot began to cross the doorway and I stopped him.

"You don't really think I would just invite you in, do you?" I chuckled bitterly. "You and I have never exactly been what one might call friends."

"I'm here on your father's orders, little girl. You'd do well to remember that."

"Oh?" My eyebrows raised as he spoke and I smiled. "I'd do well to remember that you're my father's pawn? His little bitch?"

"You little-." His hand reached out to wrap around my throat, squeezing tightly. I heard Bella scream and raise her wand to Yaxley before he was pulled away from me and I gasped for air.

I could hear her laughing as she held her wand to Yaxley's throat. "You have no idea what you've just done, Yaxley." She looked up at me. "Y/n... you know we have to finish this mission... we have to search the home."

"I'll allow you in but he goes back to Tom. He does not enter this house."

She nodded and ordered Yaxley to disapparate. He left us and I allowed Bella into the house, trying to ignore the racing in my heart as I led her into the living room. I discreetly flicked Arthur's wand, hiding any evidence anyone had used the kitchen.

"You wouldn't hide anything from us... right?" she asked as we approached the kitchen. I looked up at her, trying to find a hint of malice in her eyes but there was none. She seemed to be truly asking, almost begging. My heart clenched as I shook my head. Surely I'd never hide anything from her. She was family, right? I was supposed to be the perfect daughter... the daughter of the Dark Lord. I fall in line and do what needs to be done and I would... just not for the side she'd hoped.

I was pulled from my thoughts as we approached the stairs and we began walking upstairs.