Chapter 51: Potions Class

"Care to explain?" Severus hissed as I slammed the door behind me.

"How am I the one that needs to explain? You're in my fucking room, Severus? What the hell are you doing in here?"

"Don't turn this around on me, Y/n! What the hell are you doing with these?" He pointed to the books on the bed and I moved toward him, closing the books. I grabbed a few of them, preparing to stuff them back under the bed, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me from doing so. He took the book from my hand and tossed it on the bed, grabbing both of my wrists.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?" he yelled. "You can't interfere with an Unbreakable Vow! You could get yourself killed, Y/n!"

I wrenched my wrists from his grip, grabbing my wand and using it to lift the books and stuff them back under the bed.

"This conversation is over," I hissed. "Please leave."

"I'm not leaving until we talk about this." He folded his arms over his chest and I felt my anger rising. I took a breath, trying to remember what Bella had taught me, before facing Severus.

"Then, you can stand there," I hissed, making my way over to my wardrobe and grabbing a pair of pajamas pajamas. "I'm going to get some rest."

"It's one in the afternoon."

"Your point?" I hissed.

"Let me guess: you didn't use the bed Poppy provided, did you?"

"Couldn't sleep anyway, so what was the point?"

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as I entered the bathroom and changed my clothes, before returning to my bedroom. I blew out the candle lighting the room and closed the curtains before pulling back the duvet and climbing into the bed.

"Close the door on your way out," I hissed, turning away from him.

He scoffed and I heard the sound of his shoes falling to the floor before he climbed into bed next to me.

"Fuck off, Snape."

He chuckled. "Sure thing, love. Sure thing."

He most certainly did not fuck off. His arms wrapped around my body and he pulled me against his chest, his lips brushing against my ear. "I know what you're trying to do, love... and it means more to me than you will ever know, but... this is dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt."

I sighed, turning to face him. "I'm not letting you die over this, Sev... and I won't let you kill Albus."

"Darling, you know I have no choice." His fingers gently brushed my cheek as he spoke. "He is going to die before term ends... whether it be by my hand or Draco's... or the ring's curse. He is going to die, Y/n... and it's far better for me to do it than to allow Bellatrix to have her fun."

I sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing. He gently rubbed my cheek and I fell asleep next to him.

***

I was walking through the corridor with Severus a few days later when we heard the sound of spells flying from a nearby bathroom. We quickly ran toward the sound, hearing a loud "Sectumsempra!"

We reached the bathroom to find Harry standing in the doorway, clutching his wand tightly and breathing heavily as he stared at something. Draco. He was lying on the ground, blood oozing from his face and chest, mixing with the puddle of water on the ground.

"No!" I yelled, running toward Draco as Severus followed closely behind. I knelt on the ground as Draco gasped for air.

"Y-Y/n..."