My Life is a Huge Cliche Romance Novel - Chapter Thirty One

My mom had come home two days later.

"I'm home!" she yelled, waltzing through the door like she hadn't left at all. I turned to Mark, Ashley, and Mason who were sitting on the couch playing FIFA with me. My gazed hardened and I stood up, slowly walking into the kitchen where my family was gathered.

My mom looked like she had just took a pretty bad fall off her high horse when she was met my mine and Tiffinay's furious glares.

"My baby girls..." she said, coming to hug us, but I backed my with my arms crossed.

She looked shocked, and stepped back, her eyes widening. My face remained impassive and I kept my arms safely crossed across my chest.

"Taylor-" my mom asked, but I cut her off.

"Don't Taylor me mom, no phone calls? No texts? No Skype? Did you completely forget that you have a family?" I shrieked.

"Taylor I needed a break from everything-"

"No, I don't want to hear your lame excuse for leaving us," I said, running out of the kitchen, followed by my friends.

"Young lady get your butt back in here!" my mom yelled from down the stairs, but I kept running down the hallway until I got into my room.

I jumped onto my bed and buried my face in the pillows, until I felt someone else on the bed. I rolled over to see Emily and Ashley nervously bouncing up and down, while Mason stood in the doorway, the same look of nervousness plastered across his face.

"Your gonna want to see this," Ashley said, taking my hand and yanking me out of my bed. She led me down the stairs, and into my back yard, where Mark was kissing Paisley. I stood stone still, my eyes not leaving the two of them.

Could this day get any worse?

~..~..~..~..~

"Taylor your going to have to come out of this room soon," Emily said, her gaze focused on her phone for the second hour now.

"I agree with Em," Ashley said, "You've spent enough time moping around thinking about Mark, we're going to take you somewhere."

"Give me five minutes," Emily said, running out of the room and slamming the door. I went into the bathroom, putting my now curly auburn hair into a side ponytail.

"Put on warm clothes," Emily said, coming back into my room with her phone still glued to her hand. I rolled my eyes and sauntered back into my closet. I chose a magenta fitted long sleeved sweater with dark jeans and my knee-high boots. I straightened my hair and put a headband on that covered my ears.

"Good?" I asked the girls, spinning around in a circle.

"Mar-" Emily started, but Ashley cut her off.

"Marvelous. That's what you were going to say Emily, right?" Ashley said.

Emily quickly nodded, and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, picking up my phone and walking downstairs to see Carson waiting at the door in a pair of Under Amour sweatpants and a New York Jets sweatshirt.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm taking you on the forget-the-boy adventure," he said sarcastically, making Jazz hands and rolling his eyes.

I smiled and the girls laughed beside me.

"Well lets go!" he said in a falsetto voice and we all hurried off to the car.

We arrived at the ice rink, and I smiled at the girls.

"You guys are amazing," I said, hugging the girls.

"We know that heart break isn't easy," Emily said.

"Well, Emily knows that," Ashley said, and we all laughed. Carson rolled his eyes, and we all entered the ice rink.

Inside, rainbow colors flashed across the public rink and all children and adults skated around the circle. We got our skates from the counter, and while we were lacing them up, Carson wandered off to flirt with some girl in skin colored tights and a hot pink figure skating costume, who looked strangely familiar.

"Do you know who that is?" I nudged Ashley. She turned her head towards the girl, and her eyes widened.

"That's Alex's step sister Annalise ," Ashley whispered. My eyes widened to match hers. I hadn't seen Annalise since I was about seven at Alex's birthday party and she decided she was madly in love with both Tucker and Carson. Back then she was a nerdy ten year old with glasses and dark brown curls, but clearly she had changed.

Her dark brown hair was pulled back into neat bun and she had light pink blush on her tanned cheeks. Carson and her were talking animatedly about their conversation, so I decided to go out in the rink, until Emily grabbed my arm.

"Let's go say hi!" she said, dragging me along towards Annalise.

I trudged towards her in my skates with Ashley and Emily at my sides.

"You remember Taylor, right?" Carson asked, gesturing towards me as I approached Annalise herself. Her eyes gave me a once over, and pressed her lips into a tight smile, nodding her head. 

"Alex's girlfriend?" she asked, making my spine stiffen and I shook my head. She laughed slightly, and muttered a "sorry" sarcastically under her breath. 

Bitch. I thought to myself as I forced a laugh in return. Ashley noticed my clear discomfort and pulled me away onto the rink, followed by Emily. 

"Now she... Is rude," Emily said, pointing towards where Carson and Annalise were clearly engrossed in their conversation. 

"I was thinking much worse," I said, and the girls laughed. 

~..~..~..~..~

We had finished skating, and were now sitting in the lobby, warming our feet that had been cramped in the ice skates

"So are you actually going to bre-" Emily started, but my phone buzzed. 

I picked it up, unlocking it to read a message from Mark. 

Look Taylor, I know you have always been affected by Paisley and I's relationship, and I know it upsets you so that is why I'm telling you this. I do still love her, and I have for a while, I've just never had the guts to admit it. I'm not saying that I don't like you, but can we just be friends? I feel like that's the best thing for you right now, and I want you to be happy. I'm sorry I feel this way, but can we just go back to the way we were before we started dating? 

I sat in shock, staring at my phone. 

"Taylor, what happened?" Ashley said, taking the phone from my frozen fingers. She read the message, her eyes darting across the screen. She scowled, and looked up at me in rage. 

"DID HE JUST TEXT-BREAK UP WITH YOU!?" Ashley yelled, throwing my phone onto the bench, where Emily innocently picked it up and read it. Her face took on the same look of disgust. I just sat there as silence filled the room like nuclear gas. People were staring now, and Carson had an embarassed look plastered across his face.  

My life is like this huge cliche romance novel where the girl and the guy are meant to be, and then he dumps her for the queen bee who looks like America's next top model. So the only thought that was running through my mind now was, What now?