The Tree house - Chapter Six

At that moment, I didn't know what to do.

I didn't want to have a panic attack, so I went to the bathrooms and splashed some water on my face.

I went to the water fountain and got a drink, before heading back to the bleachers, to find Mark. He smiled and waved at me, which made a single tear fall down my cheek. I sat at the opposite side of the bleachers, trying to avoid him, which just made him more curious and he came over to sit next to me.

"Get away from me!" I said scooting over to a farther seat. He frowned at me and looked utterly confused at the moment.

"What did I do?" He said, leaning closer. I leaned in making him nose to nose with me. I was enraged that he could be so clueless about what had just happened.

"You think I didn't see your little scene with Hailey a few minutes ago?" I said getting up and moving a few seats down. His usually tan skin was now a shade of pale and green. He opened his mouth to say something, but I just ran to my team, because we had just lost 7-3.

Mark followed quickly behind me, trying to catch up with my running. He was right behind me when I yelled at him, "I told you to stay away from me!"
Alex was packing up his stuff, so I decided not to bother him. I walked over to Emily and Ashley. Apparently Ava wasn't there because she was no where to be found on the field.

"Are you guys doing anything now?" I asked desperately knowing it was Friday and we had nothing this weekend. They shook their heads.

"Movie night at my house?" I asked, and they nodded.

Alex's mom took me home, because Carson was still playing in his varsity game tonight, and I had to tell someone what happened. Alex noticed that I was sitting quietly and not chatting about soccer, or my track season that was coming in a few months.

"Taylor what's wrong, you seriously never stop talking," Alex said with a smirk on his face that soon turned to a frown.

"Nothing." I said trying to fake a smile. Alex already knew something was up, but knowing him, he wasn't going to pester me about it. I'd eventually have to tell him, or he would find out, whichever came first.

We pulled into my driveway and I grabbed my backpack and rolled it onto the pavers. Alex stopped me and grabbed my arm.

"If you need me, I'm right down the street." he said as his mom pulled away, waving to me as I walked in the house. My mom and Tiffinay were studying greek as I pulled my backpack up the stairs.

I took out my phone to see 57 new messages from Mark.

I threw my phone down and laid on my bed. There was a knock on my door.

"It's open." I said, expecting it to be my mom or Tiffinay. Emily and Ashley walked through the door. Emily sat on my beanbag chair, and Ashley at my desk.

"Okay Taylor, what's up because Mark has been texting all of the girls, and Alex, Mason, and James non stop about why you have been blowing him off," Emily said sighing.

I laied back and pulled out my phone to try to read the now 66 new messages from Mark. I decided to tell Ashley and Emily, but made them promise not to kill Mark after.

"I saw Hailey kiss Mark," I said, and the girls totally lost it.

"I'm going to kill her!" Ashley yelled, and took out her phone.

"No not yet! Just wait until tomorrow, or school will be hell," I said, and she reluctantly placed her phone back on my desk.

Suddenly, a rock and a piece of cardboard flew through my open window. We all got up and looked at the things that had emerged from thin air. I walked to the window to find no Mark at his window. It was locked shut and the light inside was on. I squinted my eyes to see Mark face-down on his bed.