The Girls Bathroom - Chapter Three

I met with Mark outside of the science center after class.

I approached him an placed my hand on his shoulder, looking him right in his blue eyes, which were almost identical to Josh's.

"What happened in art." I asked. His smile slowly faded.

"Nothing." he said, looking down at his shoes.

"You know you can tell me anything." I said. He nodded and pulled out his phone.

"I have to go, but I'll text you." he said, running in the opposite direction of me. I sat down on a bench putting my shin guards on for soccer, wondering what was up with him.

"Let's go Taylor practice is starting!" Mason yelled from across the field.

"I'm coming." I said and raced him towards the lockers.

When I had everything on and I had changed into practice gear, Mason, James, and I set off towards the soccer field. I started warming up with Ashley, Emily, and Ava when I got my cleats on.

We formed a square and kicked the ball back and forth, running the drill our coach requested.

It felt good to just be with the girls again. We chatted on about who scored the highest on the math test, or who was passing our extremely difficult technology class.

Eventually, the girls were begging to know about me and Dillion.

I thought back to me and Mark after school, but the memory was overrun by thoughts of Dillion's gray eyes and tan skin.

They started off with the usual, "Do you like him?" No. "Does he like you?" I don't know. "Are you asking him to the dance?" That comment caught me from Ava.

"No Ava I'd rather just slow dance with a chair," We all laughed at my comment, and continued passing.

I thought about what I said.

I remembered the day when I was seven, and claimed that I was Alex's girlfriend. His mom and my mom said that we weren't allowed to date until we were 14. Now we're just really close friends and the idea of dating was just out of the picture. Really, it was way out of the picture for anyone on my team. The Idea of crushing on one of my best-friends/teammates was completely a pipe-dream.

Andre and James called us to run our usual lap around the football field,
and unfortunalty, the cheerleaders. The whole run the boys were gaping and tripping, which resulted in Andre swearing In Spanish and making us run two more laps.

Some just dropped out of the run which made the older boys mad. We ended the run in the middle of the field, right next to the cheer squad.
"Our team is what?!" Catherine, the cheer captain yelled.

"Take my sanity now!" Alex yelled back, making their squad drop a stunt and our team breaking out in hysterical laughter.

She scowled at him and hissed "Red hot!"

We continued stretching with the tortureous noise of the cheers in the background. James and Mason mocked the peppy attitude of the girls. A few of us plugged out ears in result of their routine music playing, which was the worst song they could have chosen.

Our coach was late, as usual. So some of the boys went to talk to the cheerleaders.

Most of the boys ,that were older on my team were dating the popular cheerleaders, like Vanessa or Catherine. Vanessa had wavy sleek black hair and bright green eyes. Catherine was a blonde and had chocolate brown eyes with little freckles dotted across her face. Their boyfriends, Alic and Barret casually walked over to watch their practice. They were the two best players on our team , and figured they didn't need to practice. They were always coming up with excuses to leave to watch the girls high school games, or to make out with them behind the lockers where Andre, Mark, Mason and I had set up cameras, and projected it onto the football field in the middle of a soccer game.
Of course the guys chased us forever and are still holding grudges on us,
but it was totally worth it.
Our coach's whistle finally sounded and we came to a huddle in the middle.