Practice Makes... Perfect?

..

For those who don't know, "Saudade" is a feeling of longing, melancholy, desire and nostalgia. It is used as a characteristic of the Brazilian or Portuguese temperament ❤️ There is no direct English translation for this word, but I'm so glad I found it as it perfectly describes that Planet and what I have planned for it owo

Another definition: describes a deep emotional state: a yearning for a happiness that has passed (or never existed)

...
..
.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Piano music softly plays through the room, and I felt my eye twitch as the dance choreographer, Klaus, once again speaks.

"And... one, two, three, four!" Klaus speaks on beat with the tempo, the dancers smoothly moving in sync. "Five, six, seven, eight!"

He waves his yoga stick in a twirl motion, the dancers following this and twirling slowly.

Johnny and I exchange a baffled, confused look, my gaze turning back to Klaus.

"Um. Mr. Kickenklober?" I try, my voice a bit quiet as Johnny and I move to avoid the dancers.

"We're dancing, we're dancing!" Klaus says to the beat, snapping his fingers.

Johnny quickly tries to mimic the pose the others do, struggling balance on his foot as he outstretches his arm.

"Stay en pointe!" Klaus snaps, strolling back and forth in front of the dancers.

"I would if I knew what we were doing," I whisper to Johnny, making him snicker as some sweat drips from his hair.

"We're holding! We're holding!"

Johnny yelps as he loses his balance and stumbles forward, making me gasp and stable him as I stagger a bit from the weight, my hand on his chest bracing him.

"Thanks," he smiles down at me, fixing his footing with his arm lingering around my shoulders.

A loud, exasperated sigh makes us look back, Nikolaus a few feet away holding the pose with the other dancers.

My brows furrow. "What's his deal?"

Johnny stares at him for a moment, clearing his throat and shrugging with a sheepish smile. "Beats me."

"I said hold, you two!" Klaus' voice makes us jump and look back, the man glaring at us in annoyance. "They are not holding. And one, two, three, four..."

"Hey, all right-- we are trying!" Johnny huffs as he rolls his eyes, Klaus continuing chanting and pausing.

"This is ridiculous," I sigh sharply, trying to imitate the pose of the others with Johnny as he struggles to hold his leg up backwards.

"Let's not forget!" Klaus continues to say on beat, whacking Johnny's arm to correct it and raising his chin to face upward with his staff. "This is Redshore City. Not your little local theater."

I grumble under my breath at the jab as he walks away, lowering my pose and wincing as I almost get a cramp in my calf.

"And five, six, seven, eight!"

Johnny and I do our best to follow the dancers' movements, Buster watching a few feet away with a sympathetic cringe as he holds his hand over his mouth.

"Nikolaus, that was excellent!" Klaus nods with approval to his son, sighing in annoyance. "Johnny, (Y/N), you are doing it wrong."

(Y/N)'s eye twitches as she lowers from her pose, her eyebrows furrowed as she grits her teeth. "Well, then show us how to do it, you big nose'd--"