Planet of Despair

Clayyyy )):

I was caught of guard SO MUCH by his singing, I'm not gonna lie-- Not in a bad way! I just didn't expect his singing voice with his normal, gruff voice, y'know?

Also, Ash looking like a QUEENNNN--

...

..

.

Third Person P.O.V

Clay sits backstage with his guitar case on his lip, his hand running across the material as he sighs deeply and shakes his head. He unlatches the locks, opening the case and looking down at his guitar with sadness. Inside was a picture of Ruby, a soft smile on her face and her eyes lit up with love and joy.

He swiftly closes his guitar, his eyes shutting in pain as he shakes his head once more.

"Clay!" Ash's voice calls from down the hall, gaining his attention. "Clay, you back here?"

She moves around the corner, Clay looking up at her.

"We're on next," Ash tells him with an eager grin, motioning for him to join her.

Clay grumbles under his breath as he rises, his gaze fixated on the ground as he walks past her.

"... You okay?" she questions with concern, noticing this.

"Uh-huh," Clay curtly responds.

...

"Mission report, we have survived the wormhole!" Rosita chuckles breathlessly, a giddy smile on her face before she forces herself to frown. "I have completely lost Johnny's signal. He must not be on this planet, but the missing space explorer has to be! I am receiving a very faint signal on my scanner!"

Ash and Clay stand down a long hallway, Rosita and Gunter visible on stage.

"That's your cue," Ash whispers to the man, glancing towards him with her guitar strapped around her neck.

Clay stood completely still, his breathing uneven as he clasps his guitar close.

"Clay?" she lightly elbows his arm. "It's time to go on."

"... I am receiving a very faint signal," Rosita repeats, looking around nervously as she awaits for Clay to start playing. "But I see nothing but an empty cave."

"Clay?" Ash urges softly, frowning as she tilts her head to see his expression.

"Oh, no..." Clay murmurs fearfully as he shakes lightly, his eyes darting around.

"It's okay," Ash consoles quickly, her eyes shifting from Rosita to Clay with worry. "Just sing. Your song will carry you."

"No," he disagrees, his voice breaking a bit. "This is a mistake."

Ash shakes her head with pleading eyes, "please."

"It's been so long..." Clay's eyes fall shut, his expression tense with pain and sadness as tears fall from his eyes. "I'm not ready. I'm sorry. I'm not ready..." his voice becomes more and more quiet with each word, "I'm sorry."

...

The audience murmur in some confusion when nothing happens, their chatter stopping as Ash emerges from the cave. Rosita looks back with concern, Ash focusing on the crowd as she steps forward with the spotlight on her.

...

(Y/N) and Buster exchange a worried look, Johnny's arm loosely around her waist as he hugs her to his side.

...
...

"I have climbed... the highest mountains," Ash softly sings, her voice carrying a gentle soulfulness as the screen behind her glows a dark blue and green. "I have run... through the fields... only to be with you."

...

Clay's eyes open as Ash sings, his eyes tearful and a frown on his face.

...

"Only to be with you..." she looks around at the crowd, sighing softly. "But I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for."

Ash raises her arms up, nodding to the crowd to encourage them to join her.

"But I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for..."

The crowd sway gently as they sing, their hands raised in the air.

...

"But I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for..."

Clay softly cries as he listens, and he could swear he felt Ruby's warm presence at his side, smiling encouragingly to him.

...

Ash smiles to the crowd as they cheer for her, and it quickly grows when an electric guitar riff starts to play.

...

(Y/N) gasps in excitement as she shakes Johnny, making him laugh with a grin as Buster looks down at the stage with a grin.

...

The crowd roars with cheers as Clay walks through the cave, strumming his guitar as the cave lights up with this. Whistles and screams could be heard from the crowd when Clay fully emerges, Ash looking back with a proud, tearful smile.

"I believe... in the Kingdom come," Clay sings out, his fingers dancing along his guitar as he plays. "Then all the colors, will bleed into one. Bleed into one!"

Rosita claps her hands as she and Gunter watch, Gunter bouncing side to side happily.

"But yes, I'm still running!" Clay joins Ash's side, the two facing one another as he leans down a bit to her height.

"You broke the bonds, and you, loosed the chains!" they sing together, Ash strumming her guitar with his. "Carried the cross, of my shame! Of my shame!"

Ash taps her foot to the beat of the song, Clay lightly bouncing up and down with the beat as well.

"You know I believe it!"

...

Buster nods to (Y/N) and Johnny for them to ready for the last planet, Buster shooting Johnny a thumbs up as he grins.

...

"But I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for!"

Ash and Clay go back to back as they sing together, Clay smiling widely as he looks to the crowd with life in his eyes. He looks over his shoulder to Ash, who grins back at him with a nod.

"But I still haven't found... what I'm looking for!"

Rosita and Gunter walk over to the two, stepping onto the platform that would raise them up.

"I still haven't found... what I'm looking for!"

The stage's lights shine up to the roof, moving in circles as the crowd cheers and sings along with Ash and Clay.

"I still haven't found... what I'm looking for!"

The clear platform starts rising up, the crowd screaming in awe as the stage was covered in smoke, swirling around in a circle.

"But I still haven't found... what I'm looking for!" the audience sing, Ash and Clay laughing as they smile to one another. "But I still... haven't found... what I'm looking for!"

"Mission complete! Our next objective, find Johnny and reunite him and (Y/N)!" Rosita speaks firmly with a smile, her hands resting on her hips as she nods.

The audience continues to roar with cheers as the curtains draw shut, all eager to see the next planet, the Planet of Saudade.

...

..

.