Merlin

...

"And... one, two, three, four!" Klaus' voice rings out in the studio, the dancers all hard at work with their poses and steps as the metronome ticks softly. "Five, six, seven!"

The dancers move in sync, watching Klaus anxiously as he passes them while slapping his yoga stick along the railings threateningly.

"And one! Two, three, four," Klaus gives a sharp glare to one of the dancers, making him yelp and straighten out before he could be struck. "Five, six, seven!"

Klaus pauses as he passes (Y/N), his scowl deepening as he turns and watches her. She was currently looking over the song she was to sing in the musical by the mirrors, humming the tune lightly as she dances the proper steps for her dance with Johnny for the planet of War. Only, Johnny was nowhere to be found.

"(Y/N), where is your partner?" Klaus demands, his words in sync to the ticking. "And! One, two, three, four..." he gives another sharp glare to a dancer who was relaxing slightly, making him squeak and correct himself.

"Uh..." (Y/N) wracks her brain for a good excuse, setting the song script down on her duffle.

Klaus scoffs under his breath with an eye roll, his brow twitching in annoyance. "If he does not show up in ten minutes, Nikolaus will be your partner. Get ready, now!"

(Y/N) gives him a blank glare for a moment, her eyes shifting towards where Nikolaus was leaning against the wall. He had been talking to another dancer, pausing when he heard his father mention his name.

They make brief eye contact, (Y/N) groaning with an annoyed eye roll as she sits on the bench with a huff while silently hoping Johnny gets there soon.

...

(Y/N), now in her proper dance attire which consisted of a loose (F/C) shirt and black (Yoga/Sweat) pants, stood by the other dancers practicing with her arms folded over her chest, her foot tapping lightly on the ground anxiously.

She pulls out her phone, pulling up her chat with Johnny.

12:02 p.m:

(Y/N User): H E L P

She watches the screen for a moment, feeling relief when his chat icon pops up and the three dots appear. (Y/N) glances up, watching Klaus shout at one of the dancers while smacking him with his yoga stick.

Her phone dings, making her eyes shift down quickly.

12:02 p.m:

SkaterSong: on my way, love! What's giiong on??

(Y/N) can't help but snicker at his typo, a content smile on her face as her cheeks warm up.

12:03 p.m:

(Y/N User): BIG NOSE IS GOING TO MAKE ME PRACTICE WITH HIS SONNN!!!!(┬┬﹏┬┬)(*>Д<)o

She sends the message, watching with amusement as the three dots appear, disappear, and then reappear. Her smile falls slowly as the dots disappear once more, and vanish completely.

Her phone starts to ring, Johnny's image appearing as she smiles, though it falls when she notices someone standing in front of her. (Y/N) looks up, Nikolaus clearing his throat lightly as he scans the other dancers.

(Y/N) bites the inside of her cheek in annoyance, her phone dinging softly to notify her that she missed the call. Her phone dings once more, but before she could check it, Nikolaus spoke.

"Hey."

(Y/N)'s brows twitch down, her face contorting into a confused scowl. "... Hi?"

Nikolaus turns to her fully, his chin angled upward as he looks down his nose at her. "I don't think we've met."