Learning the Steps

Gunter being terrified of Porsha is so cute and funny for no reason

...

..

.

Third Person P.O.V

Romeo and Juliet's Fantasy Overture plays softly, Porsha gracefully leaping off the platform and swinging down with a smile. She moves around a small planet with her hand brushing against it, diving down and swinging back upwards with confidence.

Rosita watches from the ground in awe, a sadness to her eyes as she looks down with a sigh and sits on a stool.

Porsha reaches for Gunter, Gunter's eyes wide in fear as he yells and tries to grab her hand. The two miss, Porsha groaning in annoyance while Gunter flails around and crashes into a planet with a whimper of pain.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Miss Crawly yells into the megaphone, scowling. "Porsha, you're still messing it up!"

Porsha groans in frustration, waving her arms in disbelief. "It's not my fault! He keeps missing the catch!"

She lands on the ground, scowling.

"I think she's trying to kill me," Gunter wheezes as he slowly lowers down, hanging upside down with a tired expression.

"Reset! Let's go again," Miss Crawly orders, turning swiftly to Meena and Darius. "Meena! Darius! We're coming to you next, and I better see some chemistry between you two!"

Meena's eyes widen in a bit of panic as her hands clasp together tightly, a small whimper of fear leaving her.

"Okay," Darius sighs as he rises, "let's run these steps one more time."

...

The two go to an empty rehearsal space, Darius snapping his fingers together rhythmically.

"So! Music starts, I step out," he speaks to the beat of his snapping, moving his shoulders as well. "Do my moves, fancy moves."

Meena dances awkwardly, turning to him as he turns to her.

"Step together, drop," they both say in sync, both lowering to kneel.

Darius grabs her hands, leaning his cheek against the top of them. "Gazing at each other like we're burning up with love--"

He looks up, wincing and sputtering at the sight of her expression.

"What are you doing with your face?"

Meena was forcing a wide smile, her brows furrowed as her eyes dart to the side nervously.

"Your... face looks broken," Darius points out with a frown, staring at her with confusion and a bit of concern. "What is that?"

"Uh... I was falling in love?" Meena replies, though her response was more like a question as her face falls to a normal one.

"Yeah, Gina, listen--" Darius sighs as he rises, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, that--that is not what falling in love with me looks like. I," he chuckles to himself, pushing his hair from his face dramatically, "I should know. I see it day after day, week after week. Let's run it again."

Meena looks down with a disheartened sigh, groaning quietly as she buries her face in her hands.

"From the top! And five, six, seven, eight, and one--!"

...

Meena bursts through the back doors leading outside, leaning back on the wall with a deep sigh as she closes her eyes to calm herself.