Doomed

...

..

.

Third Person P.O.V

Meena sits and licks at an ice cream in her hand as a woman measures along the dress, a needle between her teeth.

"Girl, that is your fourth today!" the woman points out with amusement, looping the measuring tape around her neck and taking the needle from her teeth as she starts working on the dress.

"I know, I know," Meena sighs deeply, staring outside with a lovesick look on her face. "But I can't stop! It... It's cause I really want to talk to him."

Alfonso was serving ice cream to people outside, a warm smile on his face.

"But... when I get close, I get nervous, so... so I just buy another ice cream," Meena shakes her head, recalling the amount of times she's gone up to him before turning away and walking over to the ice cream truck.

Unknown to her, Alfonso had noticed her each time, a hopeful look on his face that she would walk over to him.

The woman looks at Meena with a knowing look, chuckling softly as she continues her work.

...

..

Birds chirp in the distance outside Clay Calloway's house, the man hammering down a sign on his lawn that read BEWARE ELECTRIC FENCE.

"Uh, honestly! This is-- This is gonna be the greatest show (Y/N) and I have ever made!" Buster continues, trying to convince the man to join their show.

Clay intentionally throws the hammer to his side, just barely missing Buster as he squeals in alarm.

"... And when you see the sets," Buster continues, not losing heart as he grins. "And the--"

"Turn on that tap for me," Clay gruffly instructs, picking up his hose and nodding towards the tap.

"The tap? Oh! Sure," Buster nods quickly, rushing towards the tap. "So, anyway--"

Buster turns the tap on, noticing too late that Clay was aiming the hose directly at him. He shrieks as a blast of cold water sends him back, making him lose his footing and fall and roll backwards down the small hill and into the pond.

Clay lets out a hearty laugh, Ash watching with wide eyes as she carries two mugs in her hands.

"Oopsie-daisy," Clay sighs in amusement, shrugging as adjusts the nozzle on the hose.

"Moon!" Ash calls, waiting for a response. "You okay?!"

"I'm okay!" Buster calls back, water splashing around.

Ash sighs in relief, turning to Clay and slowly holding one of the mugs out to him. He glares at her suspiciously, a scowl on his face.

"It's tea," Ash awkwardly speaks, frowning. "You drink it."

Clay lowly grumbles, taking the mug from her.

Buster runs back over, sopping wet as he pants heavily. "I promise! This is going to be the most wonderful, I mean, fantastic show ever!"

Clay silently sips at the tea, recoiling a bit as his brows furrow at the flavor. "Did you put honey in this?"

"And the ending?" Buster continues, laughing breathlessly. "Oh, boy! I mean, it-- it's gonna end with you, and your song--"

Clay glares down at Buster, making him cut himself off as his smile drops.

"... You don't want to do the show," he quietly mutters, sighing and pushing his wet hair from his face.