Carnival Date

...

..

.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Oh. My. Gosh!" I exclaim in awe, feeling a wide smile on my face as I take in the sight.

I stood at the entrance of the Redshore Carnival, the entrance a large, colorful sign with the lettering flashing with neon colors. A long line of people trailed behind me, Johnny receiving our wristbands from the ticket booth clerk.

The carnival itself was bustling with people, some wearing silly headbands and other merchandise from the booths and others carrying stuffed animals and other prizes they've won.

Music played loudly throughout the area, children's laughter and idle conversations mixed with this as the different carnival games made their own mechanical sounds as well.

I wore a (color) (shirt), along with a (skirt/pair of pants) and had a small satchel hanging on my shoulder. Johnny wore a pair of black jeans with white shoes, and had a dark navy blue short sleeved shirt on. He left his usual leather jacket back at the hotel due to the warm temperature, not wanting to have to carry it around.

"Does this make up for yesterday?" Johnny playfully questions as he joins me, bumping his elbow lightly against my side with a grin.

"Definitely," I reply with a happy chuckle, my eyes shifting away from the carnival to meet Johnny's as I hold out my arm to him. "I honestly didn't think we'd even have time to have any fun while we were here. I missed you."

Johnny's brows furrow at this as he smiles, looping the wristband around my wrist. "Missed me? We practice together every day, love."

His tone is a teasing one, his hands lingering on my arm for a moment before he focuses on trying to put his own wristband on.

"Yes, but," I start, leaning over and pressing a light kiss to his cheek before pulling back. "We haven't really been able to spend time together alone. It's been work, work, work. It's been tiring, huh?"

I take over for him, holding the wristband with both hands and looping it on his wrist.

"... I missed you, too," Johnny says warmly, catching my hand and intertwining our fingers together before planting a lingering kiss on the back of my hand. "Now, why don't we go and have a bit of fun for a change? No thinking about the show, or about Buster and the whole Calloway business."

"All right," I promise, nodding with a small grin.

Satisfied, Johnny tries to take a step forward, only to be tugged back lightly by my hand around his. He looks back over his shoulder with a questioning frown, tilting his head.

"As long as you don't worry about Big Nose and his son," I add on, giving him a pointed look. "I know they've taken their toll on you, and I'm worried about how it's been affecting you."

Johnny listens with a frown, his eyes shifting to the side briefly. He clears his throat, smiling brightly as he turns back to me.

"I'm fine, (Y/N). But okay, I promise," he reassures with a nod, squeezing my hand.

"Johnny—" I start in a warning tone as he assures me he's fine, yelping as he starts tugging me along with a chuckle.

"Come on, love! I already see something I want to try!"

His voice was full of excitement, eyes shining with a child-like wonder as we walk hand in hand through the fun filled carnival. Children's laughter echoed with the silly music as parents and friends spoke with one another, a cobblestone path leading to different areas with some grass along them.