CHAPTER 3

DANIELLE

Walking into her office, I didn't expect such a corporate-type building. She is leaning against her desk wearing a white blouse and skinny trousers. I can see her height has increased from the stilettos but I'm still quite tall. She looks at the person who is currently sitting on the chair opposite her. This person is a young man, he has glasses and scruffy hair. He is slumped and typing on his laptop quickly. "Did you get all of that Jack?"

He nods and stands up, "Yes Miss Hawkins. I'll get the team to contact the writer."

She hums and watches him leave. In the process, our eyes make contact. I walk towards her and she stands up straight. Her hands grab my face and pull it close to hers. I thought we were about to kiss but she instead took my sun glasses off. 

"I told you to stop wearing that," she murmured then walks off. 

"And I told you to stop wearing clothes, looks like we both can't get what we want."

She turns around rolls her eyes, "In your dreams Morningstar."

"Every night, Hawkins."

Mia then sits down and opens her laptop. She looks at me with a stoic look on her face, "So why are you here exactly?"

"The children's book. We have a part two. Could you take a look at it please? It's not finished yet but I need to see what you think. I had Damien bring the first book which is apparently successful."

She looks at me curiously, "I didn't know that you were the one who wrote it. It's not very you is it."

"Yeah. One day I'll explain why."

She puts her glasses on her head and smiles at me, her eyes darken as she looks me up and down. "At what point did I say that I cared?"

Her subtle attitude forms this weird warmth in me. Walking to her desk, I place the manuscript and start to walk off. "I hope to see you again Miss Hawkins," I state and leave her office. 

As soon as I get to my car, I take a quick journey back to my house and park up. Looking at the time, I walk to the forest and release my wings. It's nice bringing them out once and a while. Using them, I take a quick trip back to the Hell. 

Landing on my tower, I can see only darkness and hear only cries from the punished souls. It sounds as if I am a sociopath but I feel slightly calm knowing that Hell is running correctly. It brings peace to my mind since this is my home. My handed me this role for a reason so I will make sure to keep to his promises. 

From the corner of my eye, I can see white wings heading to me at full blast. Immediately I fly up and avoid the collusion. Looking down, its my brother, Thomas. He gives me a lazily smile and starts darting at me. This causes a chuckle to escape my lips. 

When he gets close, I punch him and watch his fragile body fall fast. I give it a second then fly down to catch him, then gently place him onto the floor. "I will catch you lacking one day sister," he mumbles and hugs me. "How are you? I didn't expect you back so soon."

"I will be leaving in a few minutes, I wanted to check that Hell was running fine. Want to go on a flight around the kingdom?" His blonde hair is cut very short into a buzz cut which is surprising since he used to love his hair long.