CHAPTER 9

MIA

"So?"

She smirks, "Sure. I'll try it out. But if this doesn't work between us, can we get that friendship back?"

"Obviously. Unless you cheat on me."

Her eyes widen, "Um so how does this work? I don't want to sound stupid but commitment-wise, what can I do and not do?"

"Seriously?"

She bursts out laughing, "I'm only kidding princess. I know. So are you my girlfriend now?"

"No. We are just exclusive until you ask me."

"Damn. Your so bossy. I've only just realised."

Laughing, I rest my head on her chest to allow myself to sleep. This will be very interesting.

-----

Heading into the office, my thoughts roam from last night. I have only slept for about four hours, Dani thought it would be funny to tell ghost stories. She calls it, "Morningstar's Torture Stories from Hell." I was terrified after the second one but she just found it funny. She has a crazy mind.

Today, Quinn and I have been very busy with this new author we are working with. This is the first hour which I will be free and Quinn has decided to get us lunch. Sitting beside her, I grab a slice of pizza, "I'm happy you guys are trying. Have you spoken about anything else?"

"No. What else would we have to speak about?"

Her brows connect then her face becomes flushed, "Nothing."

"Quinn. Tell me. Please. What conversation do I need to have with Dani?"

She shakes her head, "I can't. It's not my place. Any who, what's happened with you and harry then?"

"I let harry know and he's fine with it. But Quinn please tell me. What's Dani hiding?"

Just as she was about to say something, my door creeks and Dani is stood there with a bag.

"I'm hiding something? I've been completely honest with you Mia, what's brought this thought up?"

My heart starts pounding, "Have you been completely honest though? Who are you? Really?"

She smirks, "I am Danielle Morningstar. And who are you?"

I roll my eyes, "You know who I am. Just forget I asked. Now why are you here?"

She approaches us and passes the bag to me, "I was wondering if we could have a private chat. Sorry Quinn, I need her for a few minutes."

Quinn gives her a genuine smile reflected by Dani. She then leaves and shuts the door. Dani takes a seat on the sofa and pats the side so I can sit beside her. Following that, I watch as she takes out a bottle of wine and an Nintendo switch. She smirks and sits back while watching my reaction. I raise a brow with amusement at her cockiness.

"You got be a switch?"

She nods, "Well if I was in here more often, we would end up having sex and not actually playing games. So now we can play while were both at work."