CHAPTER 12

MIA

I don't know what happened. I don't know what I did. Or what had changed but it's done. We don't even speak the same. It's gotten so awkward that I told Quinn it's better off if I don't come around with her anymore. It's been a week since we ended our relationship. I heard from Quinn that they still haven't found Dani's stolen item. As well as that, I keep having weird dreams. They are about Dani and me at some palace. It's beautiful and gothic-like, with its beauty but still outstanding. In each dream, we have done something different in this palace but last night was the weirdest. Dani had wings and a thrown, her eyes glowed red and I watched as her canines extended. As sexy as she looked, I was so confused and fearful. When I woke up, I was catching my breath. 

I'm finding it harder to get over her with these dreams popping up every night. 

Quinn texted me an hour ago to head to her office for something. I have no clue what this "something" is. As I close my laptop, I make my way to her office and walk in to see Damien sat behind Quinn. He looks at me and gives me a shy smile. I nod and watch as Quinn smirks largely at me which is confusing. 

"What do you want?"

Quinn looks behind me and her eyes grow wide, I turn around and catch the gaze of Dani. She is stood tall and dominating. I almost melt as she scans my body with such a stoic look on her face. "Damien it's time to go," she mumbles. 

It irritates me slightly.

"That's dramatic," I state and watch her jaw clench.

"Excuse me?"

"Leaving as soon as I am in the room is just petty and dramatic." With that statement, I took a step forward. We are only inches away now, she then takes a step forward and looks down at me. 

She uses her finger to raise my chin and smirks, "I'm sorry that I can't stand being in the same room with you."

"What the hell did I do to deserve this?"

I swear I had just watched her eyes flash red, "I don't know yet. That's the problem."

I take the opportunity to touch her cold cheek and stroke it with my thumb, she seems to have calmed down from that. "Well you have messed up. It's a shame," I then turn around and walk to Quinn who passes me an envelope.

"It's from your father."

With a nod, I leave the office and head to my own and focus back on my work. Fuck Dani. She said we ended it because she wasn't ready to date and now I have apparently done something. I'm not dealing with that behaviour, it's not worth my time and effort. I deserve better. 

DANIELLE

Hannah hasn't found anything new about Mia, we just know the basics. There is nothing that has popped which is mysterious in anyway. But one thing which we did find odd is Mia's father. He owns a corporation which is based in Japan and is working with pharmaceutical companies around the world. It's weird because he didn't exist until a year before Mia was born. I have Hannah on the case though. As for Agnes, she has been at home and mourning her brother. I have tried to comfort her but she needs time alone. 

"I think you were a bit too harsh," Quinn states with her arms crossed. 

Damien smiles, "And so what if I was? I can't trust her."