CHAPTER 17

MIA

After waiting patiently with Quinn and Dani's mum, we finally get the results of the three pregnancy tests I took. With a deep breath I check and it's all negatives. It's kind of disappointing. I don't know why but now I am anxious to know if this is Dani's doing or my parents.

"You seem disappointed?"

"I guess I am," I mumble.

Dani's mum smiles, "I understand. But your still young, you and her will have time."

We make our way to the living room, where Dani is pacing. I pass her the stick and she looks at it with confusion. I see a glint of disappointment in her eyes too which makes me feel happy were on the same level in this.

"So it has to be her parents or when I mark people they gain wings?!" Her dad burst out laughing, "What now dad?!"

"You didn't say that you marked her. Damn you have done a lot haven't you. And she looks like she may kill you."

Dani gives me a nervous smile then walks towards me. We walk away to her room and she instantly kisses me softly. I push her away and pout, "I love you but what is going on? Am I an angel and what does this mean for us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Does me being an angel change our dynamic?"

She smirks, "Well if you have the extra benefits of being an Angel then our sex life will be very interesting."

This makes me smile, "So our sex life isn't good enough?"

She hums, "Well I'm pretty sure we have only slept together about three times. So is there really a sex life?"

I roll my eyes while she starts laughing, "Well never again."

"Listen. I still love you whether you are an angel or human. I was getting excited of the idea of you pregnant to be fair."

"Me too."

She grows a large smile and hugs me, "We need to speak with your parents."

Oh no.

"About that...they are not the friendliest."

"I have charm," she gloats.

"Let's see if it's good enough," I mumble.

-----

Stepping out the car, we are confronted with my parents home. My childhood home.

It's three stories with a white exterior and blue door. We have a heavily gated home so I had to put the code in to enter. I haven't been here in while. Usually when I see my parents, we go for dinner or shopping to catch up. Taking a deep breath, Dani and I start walking to the front door. Her father, Lucifer, walking right behind us.

After we knock, the door opens to my mum. She has a shy smile and hugs me. I feel calm as she welcomes us in. Then my father walks downstairs with a confused look on his face. Dani's brow raises and so does her fathers. Through her sunglasses, her eyes glow a sharp red but then disappear. "Just got the scent of another Angel in here. I recognise it but I can't tell which one it is," she mumbles for only me to hear.