CHAPTER 8

DANIELLE

So a date. I have never been on a date. Why am I even considering this? I am the Queen of Darkness. I don't need to do this. She can't tell me what to do. Right? But then she would get mad. I don't want her to be mad. Oh, I sound like she has some kind of control over me! Maybe she does? Damn, my mind doesn't stop.

"Why are you staring at the wall? And why isn't your shirt on?"

The voice forms chills down my spine. I slowly turn to face my father. He stands there with my mum at his side. His dark hair is slicked back and his beard is trimmed perfectly. His blue eyes shine as he stares at me with a smile. It's been so long since I have seen him. Then there's my mother who has this gentle warming smile on her face. I could collapse right now with tears. Mum walks towards me and blonde hair to the side. She hugs me and I hug her back tightly. 

She smiles, "How is my daughter doing? I've heard a ear full from Joshua already."

"I've been doing well mother."

My father then approaches and picks out a black shirt from my closet, passing it to me. "I've spoken to Thomas," he mutters then shakes his head. "I have punished him. He is banned from hell and earth. Your grandfather will have a word with him. But can I ask you something? what is keeping you on earth?"

I was about to open my mouth until, there's a knock on my door and Mia walks in. She heads straight for me as if she hasn't seen my parents, "I thought about it and no! I am going to wait for you downstairs and we are going to have our date and you are going to open that damn mouth of yours. Because Danielle Morningstar, you are very annoying!"

"Okay that has answered my question," dad says with Mia looking at them in shock.

"Um Mia. This is my father and my mother."

She turns a bright red and smiles at them, "I'm so sorry for interrupting you guys. I'm Mia Hawkins. It is nice to finally meet you Mr and Mrs Morningstar."

Mum looks at my father with a toothy smile then at Mia, "Nice to meet you Mia. Let's go and have a chat. It's nice to finally see my daughter getting bossed around. 

Before I could say anything, they leave and close the door behind them. I button up my shirt, tuck it in then put my blazer on. Turning around, my father is looking at me and laughing. I sit beside him on my bed and we sit in silence for  while. 

"I like her, she seems to have you in control."

I roll my eyes, "No she does not."

"Oh really? So how about I go and tell her that you don't want that date after all?" He stands up and I grab his arm, "Exactly. So tell me about her?"

"She's different. She radiates something that I have never felt before in a human. We are good friends and enjoy our time together."

His brow raises, "Just friends? So you have never slept with her."

"Once and now we are in this situation. A date."

"What are you going to do?"

"Go on the date and tell her that it won't work out because I am the Devil."