Prospects

Dear readers,

This is my first time writing such a thing. I hope you all like it and please give back your suggestions. Some dialogues may be in hindi  and,also for convenience I have tried to add conversation dialogues in a line format. Enjoy reading.

"thai thai ta ta taa. Ok that's enough for today. Tomorrow we will practice this tukra again " Radha got up from her place and disconnected the phone from the Bluetooth speaker. All of her students untied their ghungroos, and touched her teacher's feet and left. 

Entering the hall, she saw her son, coming downstairs and asked him, 

"where is your father arth?"

"mummy, I think papa might be upstairs-" samarthya replied.

"nahi didi. He is outside, with Ravi. Do you need something?" Anita came out of the kitchen drying her hands on the apron.

"nahi, woh I was just saying." radha tied her hair and said," anyways ,anu lets go and bake a cake so as to have a snack along with tea."

"chachi jee ,can I get a cup too?" samarthya asked Anita expectantly.

"of course my dear son. Afterall you are the one who will make chai while we both bake the cake. 4 cups of tea. Come on."Radha replied quickly before Anita could answer

"bake the cake and gossip" samarthya spoke to himself.

"did you say something Arth?. if you don't want to, I'll make the tea." Anita asked Arth courteously.

"no no chachi its fine." samarthya replied .

They all went outside for the evening tea. Just then,while setting the chairs, Adarsh came outside, texting and accidently dropped his spectacles.

"very good, why don't you step on it as well, cherry on top the cake, haina Anshu."

"bhaiya it just fell-"

"who are even you texting, that pretty girl from the other school?"

"no, I wasn't –"

"chachi jee ,see your Anshu growing up fast" Samarthya said pointing towards his younger cousin, Adarsh.

Anita looked up at her boy who then came next to samarthya and said," you've had your share of fun in school,  now at least let us give a shot."

Arth punched his brother, saying," stay in your limits"

Radha gently hit the back of Arth's head for punching his cousin.

Shanaya came outside and pointing towards the other side of the garden, called out to her father," Papa where were you, i was looking for you."

Ravi came towards her ,saying, "what is it my little princess?"

Radha interrupted, "who are you both? i can't seem to recognize you now ,because even after being in the same house we hardly get to see these two brothers."

eklavya said  coldly ,"we were discussing about something"

"Surprise, surprise" Radha replied raising her brows.

"do I say anything when you are gossiping with your sister or anita?" eklavya asked picking up his teacup.

Radha made a mocking face at her husband.

"wow ,this cake is too good. who made this cake Anu?" Ravi asked his wife.

'Take a guess." Anita smirked.

"hmm.. let me see. ...... you made it Anita, didn't you. you've always had the same recipe , even before marriage"

" As if" Radha smirked and Anita giggled.

no one else understood anything and continued with their evening snacks 

After teatime was over radha called out to her son while coming inside with teacups in her hand, "Arth, where are you?"

"hanji ,mummy . bolo(tell)." Arth replied while sitting on the sofa in the hall

"call that girl, Anwesha and ask her if she will come tomorrow for Riyaz"

"mummy, why do you have do this. You know that she comes  for riyaz every Sunday then why do i have to ask her?"

"okay, you don't call her then, i'll call her ." Radha replied nonchalantly.

Arth quickly took out his phone and dialed her number, and tried to nonchalantly tell his mother,"fine,  i'll call her, since you are forcing me."

"hello", came from the other side of the line.

"hi. can you-"

"come tomorrow for Riyaz at 2 pm. " Anwesha said in a deep voice, almost mimicking him.

"yeah"

" Arth ,do you have to call me every Saturday night asking this, when you know that I always come for riyaz. ?"

"don't lash out on me, mummy told me to" samarthya  tried to defend.

"and you are a 5 years old boy, still scared of his mummy? hmm..." Anwesha chuckled

" trust me, everyone is scared of THE DEATH STARE."

"ah so you agree that you are afraid of your mummy."

"no, I do it out of respect"

"uhmm. I believe you" Anwesha chuckled again.

"don't be this sarcastic" 

"tell maiyyaji, I will come "Anwesha hung up the call.

At bedtime ,Radha was going upstairs to her room. She entered her bedroom, went into the bathroom , washed her face and brushed her teeth. Coming outside she wore her white cotton nightrobe (almost transparent) and sat in front of the dressing table, combing her long hair, slowly, applying some cream and Vaseline on her face. Eklavya came from behind and kissed her head and took some of the vaseline and put it on her lips.

"what's new?" she asked him , whilst making a braid.

"nothing much. so , whats on your mind Mrs.chauhan.?" he asked her giving her a wierd suspicious look.

"what- nothing. i have nothing my mind"

"why did you ask that girl to come over tomorrow, againn?"  he asked, stressing on 'again'.

"I just want her to come and do Riyaz" she replied, nonchalantly.

" Is that it?no other reason, you know maybe..... " he said, winking at her.

"what, do you want me to say huh," Radha chuckled, knowing that he saw right through her.

'The truth?" he said , while she got up from the table. He slowly took her hands into his own and took her to their bed.

" have you seen how Arth smiles and blushes  whenever he is near that girl. " they both lay on the bed and she continued," Anwesha is a nice girl. i like her. Also her dance is top notch"

"so,, you are setting her up with our son" he asked her blatantly

"im just creating an envirenment."

" He will figure out his love life on his own.you dont need to worry about him. moreover , he doesn't blush around that girl. " he said , caressing her soft face,"also he is just 18 right now." 

" we both were also 18 once" she looked her husband softly smiling.

" yeah sure we were." he came near her and kissed her forehead

She snuck closer to him ,  snuggled into his arms and kissed his neck. She took a deep breath , relaxed and feel asleep.

He embraced her in his arms and let her sleep, flaring his hand on her head and said, " good night lovely"