Good over evil

Whilst completing her history assignment Anwesha's phone buzzed. When she opened to see it, a smile slowly crept onto her little, brown face. She swayed her fingers through her hair as she saw a text message from Samarthya, reading," Happy Dussehra Anwesha. Wanna hang out?"
She replied,"Hi, happy Dussehra Arth. Yeah sure." And put down her phone.
She closed her file and went to the hall. The sun's rays were piercing in through the windows, her father was sitting, reading newspaper, her mother drinking some tea and watching television when she asked,"What's for breakfast mummy?"
"Last night's Rajma-chawal. Give some to your brother as well." Her mother, Anuradha replied
"Alright. Also, happy Dussehra mummy papa" Anwesha replied. Both her parents nodded their head.
"Oye, I brought you some food, have it." Anwesha said as she opened her brother's bedroom door
"Oh hi! Good morning di" Sahil said, as he quickly hid his phone behind his back.
"What are you watching?" Anwesha asked
"Nothing, just gimme the food" Anwesha refused to hand over the plate
"Are you watching 'that' in the morning?" Anwesha asked suspiciously
"God no, its just someone's photo" said Sahil looking pretty embarrassed.
"Ohh. Starting the day with your Bae." Anwesha mocked him and gave him his plate. "When you'll be done looking at the photo, wash your dirty plate and keep it in the rack properly." Anwesha said, walking out.

"Anita, I need your help with the kitchen Here." Radha called out from the kitchen, whilst preparing special food for Dussehra.
"Go and take bath Anshu" Samarthya told Vansh as he was coming down the stairs
"Anshu! Wear proper clothes today. Don't dress up like we treat you as a family servant. Wear nice clothes." Radha yelled from the kitchen
"But badi mummy, you will ask us to change clothes in the evening, before the Aarti as well, so why do we change now?"Amshu asked
"Then Wear your kurta right now. Just don't spoil it beta" Anita replied as she took out the fermented dough.
"Or you can wear decent clothes right now and wear kurta at Night." Ravi added as he entered from the entrance of the house. The kitchen's entrance was right next to the home's entrance.
"Are you making the meetha siddoo bhabhi?" Anita asked.
"I'll make some for you" Radha replied
"No need to make one specially for me bhabhi. Others will also eat it-"
"No one likes them. But I'll make you a couple Anita." Radha interrupted.
"What's for breakfast papa?" Samarthya came into the kitchen and sat on the dining table.
"Aloo ka parantha." Eklavya replied
"Ooh. I'll call didi." Samarthya went out excitedly.
"He sure is fond of paranthas" Radha added
Samarthya came into kitchen, wished everyone and started examining the food on the kitchen counters. He was about to dip his finger in her mother's home-made Chutney, when Radha hit the back of his palm,"Don't touch."
"What? Why?" Samarthya rubbed the back of her palm.
"Its to be eaten with paranthas and dinner tonight." Radha replied
"I was just taking one dip" Samarthya tried to reason.
"Take these paranthas and teacups. Call all the children onto the breakfast. Anita and Eklav, you also sit." Radha gestured as she handed over her the tray and took her Chutney in a bowl to serve everyone along with some butter.
After breakfast, Radha received a call. She received it and said,"hello. Happy Dussehra Nami"
"Hmm. Happy Dussehra" Namita replied"had breakfast?" Namita asked
"Yes, just two minutes ago. How are you?" Radha asked.
"I'm just fine. We also had breakfast just right now." Namita replied
"What had you made?" Radha asked as she picked up her plate.
"Last night's food was left. Although I prepared some sabzi for mummy-ji . Where are the kids?"
"Oh just eating breakfast. Well except Tamu. I bet she must be still fast asleep." Radha chided.
"So you are you gonna go to the burning of Ravana tonight?" Namita asked
"Yes. All of us, well, except for Tamu I guess." Radha replied twitching her tongue."So at what time shall we meet?" Radha asked
"Oh no, I won't come." Namita replied
"But.. come on. Its not gonna be fun without you" Radha insisted.
"You're not understanding Radha, I can't come. My mother in law won't allow me too." Namita added
"Well, what about Keshav?" Suddenly it caught Samrthya's attention.
"Its upto him... hmm?... He's asking if Arth is coming?" Namita asked Radha. Radha put her phone over the speaker and took it to Samarthya.
"Namaste maasi. Happy Dussehra" Samarthya greeted her
"Namaste beta. How are you? How is your preparation coming along?" Namita asked.
"Its fine maasi . How are you?" Samrthya replied
"I'm also fine beta. So Keshu is asking are you gonna come tonight?" Namita asked
"Yes maasi . What about Keshav bhaiya?"
"Then I'll come too." Keshav shouted in Namita's background. He added," Arth. Kaustubh was asking to join us as well. Can he tag along?"
"Umm- .... sure bhaiya. I mean... if he wants to..... he come can" Samarthya's replied nervously.
"You thank" Keshav mocked Arth.
After talking with Namita for a while, Anita prepared a plate for Tamoghana and went up to Samrthya and Tamoghana's bedroom. It was a very big room with two separate beds for both of them. As Anita entered in the bedroom, she saw that, the bed's were already made and the room was clean. Keeping the plate on Tamoghana's study table, Anita started calling out Tamu's name. She wasn't in the bathroom either. Anita decided to check upstairs on their terrace. Just as she opened the door, Tamoghanawas startled. She quickly hung up her phone and smiled at her aunt and wished her. Anita asked,
"Since when are you up Tamu?"
"Oh I was up before Arth chachi "
"Why didn't you come downstairs for breakfast?" Anita asked.
"Oh, I got a call from someone actually chachi"
Anita smirked at her folded her arms, Tamoghana quickly diffused the topic and went downstairs to get her food.