Senior

After putting on some white jeans, Eklavya came out to his terrace to hang the wet towel where he saw Radha on Mr.Chaudhary(her landlord's) terrace. She was wearing a yellow suit with a bright pink dupatta and was drying her hair with a towel. She had very long black, wavy locks that curled outwards near the ends. Radha dramatically flipped her hair onto her back and put out her towel to dry. She glanced at Eklvaya and came towards him. She told him that he was looking very nice.
"Seems like you're rubbing off on me" Eklavya smirked.
"I accept your compliment Eklavya ji." Radha replied.
"Your welcome Radha ji." Eklavya said
"Why is your brother staring at me?" Radha looked somewhere onto the left of Eklavya. Smiling
"Anil! Go inside now. Get ready for your school- Idiot" Eklavya yelled at Anil.
"He says that he wants to join my tuition next year, when he'll be promoted to class 11." Radha added.
"I guess you already know the reason for that" Eklavya chuckled.
"Unfortunately yeahh-"
"By the way, is there a function today in your college?" Eklavya asked
"Nope" Radha replied
"Then why are you dressed up?" Eklavya said
"So, boys like you, have a reason to be able to start a conversation with me" Radha just snapped her fingers and went back.
"Thats- a -" Eklavya just stood there, speechless.
Just a while later Eklavya came out of the front door of his house, thinking,"she couldn't have known what I was thinking. It was just a coincidence." Ravi came from behind with Namita talking about something.
"She wouldn't be able to come all alone." Namita said
"I'm sorry didi, but I'm very busy." Ravi replied
"Yeah, busy taking that Anita to the ice cream parlour." Namita said
"What are you two fighting about?" Eklavya interrupted the two
"I promised Radha that I will accompany her home tonight after the function. But now I can't and I'm asking Ravi to do it since he will leave from his school around the same time." Namita explained
"Why can't you come with Radha?" Eklavya asked
"Bhaiya I have to go out with a friend." Ravi replied
"Yeah, Anita." Namita yelled
"You mean Anita? Next door?" Isn't she 10?" Eklavya made a disgusted expression.
"She is 13, and she is just friend" Ravi added.
"And you Namita?" Eklavya asked
"Eklavya I also have some work" Namita added.
"Fine, I'll go and pick her up while you two enjoy" Eklavya said
Surjit came from behind and said"Eklavya don't you have to go with your mamaji to the bank?"
"Mamiji, I'll go there after I drop Radha then" Eklavya replied. They all agreed and went out. Just as Eklavya left off, Namita and Ravi high-fived.
"You need to pick the right nerve and he does all you want" Ravi and Namita laughed.

"Why are you all dressed up Radha?" Namita asked irritatedly when they were both in the dressing room with all the other girls, getting ready for for a dance performance.
"I like it. It gives me confidence" Radha replied.
"Oh let it go. I know why you are wearing it. You want to impress someone isn't it?" Namita asked
"What no- you know what, move your hands fast girls, put on your costumes. Then do your hair and makeup quickly. Its our turn after this." Radha yelled.
"You should change too. Your performance is just after theirs." Namita added, "which song are you performing on?" Namita asked.
"Its going to be live. I have my musicians."
"Who will do your padhant?" Namita asked.
"I don't need a padhant today. Its a singer I need." Radha said
"Yeah whatever. Who will it be?" Namita sounded impatient.
"That's a surprise" Radha twitched.
About twenty minutes later, the calling on the stage was heard "now we have a small performance by the girls of our college. They will be performing on the song,"kanha main tose haari" choreographed by Radha Kashyap.
Radha had given them all a very simple, yet very balanced choreography. Most of the girls did very well except Meenal.
"I knew I shouldn't have allowed that fat hippo to perform. How can she handle the choreography when she can't even handle her belly." Radha muttered to herself. She was all ready for her performance. She was wearing a pink blouse and ankle length lehenga. On top of that she had covered her head with an embroided white dupatta. She had braided her hair with and used a parandi at the end with some Gajra at the top of the braid. She also used a maang Tika and a Rajah to hold the dupatta in place. She was performing a thumri . Before her name was announced Eklavya came back stage wearing a golden kurta with his tabla and sat on the stage along with other instrument players. Radha said to Namita,"Surprise!" And ran off to the stage.
She sat down on the floor holding her dupatta in a pose revealing the heavy jewellery she was wearing on her wrist and on the back of her palm.
The theka started playing teental and Eklavya vocalised. He started singing,"rangi saari gulaabi chunariya re" and Radha gave her killer expressions. She was really good at giving expressions. She had practised a lot, A lot. Her performance was in a complete synchrony with Eklavya's singing. She didn't even miss a single beat and it was clear to Namita that Radha had been lying when she had told her,"oh! Nami, I'm not ready. What will I do' lying-" Namita thought to herself.
After the Sam Radha, bowed her head at Eklavya and he bowed her back and Radha laughed. Eklavya knew that it was statutory for dancers bow down to the instrumentalists after a performance, but he hadn't expected Radha to know it since she hadn't done it the last time they performed at her mother's school. Backstage Radha and Eklavya came down. He was looking at her with his sharp eyes adoring her as she walked alongside him. She passed him a look,with a complimentary smile showing her very visible cheekbones. Contrary to his nature, Eklavya smiled back at her. Radha asked,"what are you looking at?"
"Which Jeweller did you loot?" Eklavya chuckled
"What? No. This all is mine" Radha said.
"Haha. Nice one." Eklavya laughed.
"Thank you. I accept your generous compliment." Radha said. Just then, Namita saw the two of them backstage as it was her turn to go next and seeing them both, she said,"I have so many questions." And went off to the stage.
Radha asked Eklavya to stay and watch Namita's dance. Eklavya however said that he needed to change. Hearing it Radha decided back and watch her dance partner shine. As Radha came towards the audience, her ghunghroos gathered a few front rows' attention.
"You were really awesome up there. I didn't know you could dance." Shubham said as he came near her while she sat on an empty chair.
"Why? You were used to wait in front of my dance classes, practically everyday." Radha raised an eyebrow.
"Oh- that- that was meant as humour. I'm sorry." Shubham became kind of panicky.
"Its alright Shubham. I am the one to blame for not getting the joke." Radha chuckled. Just then before Shubham could say anything, Anjali came from behind and sat next to Radha, chatting with her and so Shubham could really just sit there.
Then, the mrudingam started beating and Namita' started with her Bharathanatyam performance. It was a pre recorded dance sequence, jathi . Namita's movements were all really sharp and very very precise. Her flexibility was top notch and her well done makeup,- thanks to Radha, was making her beautiful features pop up. Her large doe eyes, small yet cute lips and her dusky complexion. After the five minute sequence was over, other performers started performing. Namita came backstage and Radha came in and hugged her, to which Namita replied," oh my god. Give me some space to breathe."
"You could've said Thank you." Radha added.
"Yeah yeah." Namita played with her fingers.
"You were so good Namita, much much better than me. God you have improved so much." Radha complimented her best friend and suddenly noticed Shubham coming from behind and now Radha understood why Namita was clutching her own hands so tightly.
"Wow Namita, you were very good. Infact, the both of you." Shubham complimented the two. Namita could only notice his pretty smile, his yellow shirt, tucked in his blue jeans, like a school uniform. His short straight hair, in contrast to Namita's curly hair.
Upon Radha nudging Namita, she finally broke out of her ogling session and said,"Yeah, you were really good Shubham up there."
"Um- but I wasn't up there. I was saying that how good your performance was on the stage." Shubham replied.
"She is much more trained than me, so that's why she was so good. " Radha interrupted.
"But you both go to the same dance classes?" Shubham seemed somewhat confused.
Radha wanted Namita to answer, but she knew Namita wasn't going to, so she abruptly said,"oh! I need to change really fast. I have to get home. Namita, explain him"
"Uh- sorry- what were you saying?" Namita asked nervously.
"I think I need to talk about more interesting topics to hold your attention."
"No no no. Its not like that. You talk pretty interestingly"
"Okayy" shubham laughed and said" I asked that how come are you more trained than Radha is?"
"Oh that's because back in Shimla, we both used to learn bharatanatyam. But then, when we came to Delhi, she saw Kathak classes next to my bharatanataym class, so she ditched me and started learning kathak. She started learning only last year, while I have been learning bhartanatyam since five years now." Namita replied as she started moving towards the changing room."
As Namita entered the green room, she saw Radha taking down her artificial jewellery when she asked her,"I hate to to breakup your date with Shubham, but its time to leave now Namita. Come on, let's go." Radha said taking down her huge nose ring
"Actually, Radha, I need to stay. Eklavya will take you back." Namita answered.
"What- no I can't go with Eklavya." Radha said.
"I thought you liked him" Namita said
"Its not about that. I just- you said, you'll come along." Radha replied anxiously.
"Come on Radha. Just today please" Namita said
"You are the one who begged me to cancel my tuition today so that we could go back early and dress up again to go somewhere, which you didn't tell me either. Are you trying to drug me?" Radha mischievously asked.
"Tsk. Just go home, wear nice clothes alright?" Namita said
"What if you are setting up some kind of prank?" Radha said
"Trust me Radha. If this is a prank, then, I will kiss that Shubham" Namita replied
"Well that's unfair. Your promise against betrayal is something you would enjoy otherwise too." Radha complained.
Feeling defeated Radha decided to head back home. She was trying to find Eklavya. He was not at her college gate but rather a little far away at his Law college's gate, where, he was talking to one of his mates in a rather grave tone. Radha reached for him and asked,"Are you heading home?"
"Yeah, Radha, Namita had asked me to take you home" Eklavya said while playing with his hair.
"Soo. Are you busy right now. Shall I wait?"
Radha asked while she nodded at Eklavya's friend.
"Actually yes Radha, just give me a moment-" Radha simply nodded her head slighlty and stood at a distance from the two.
"So, you can go to the dean and ask him for some concession..." the other guy spoke and Eklavya nodded his head.
"Okay Sir, I'll go and get it done tomorrow. Thank you." Eklavya replied and just as he was about to go, his senior asked him,"She's hot isn't she?" He said as he noticed Radha's yellow and pink clothes, with her lush open hair. Her small almond like eyes, lined around with kajal and her baby pink lips, probably some shade of a lip gloss.
"I guess yeah." Eklavya just stood there, resisting the urge to smile,for some incomprehensible reason.
"Go now, your sister is waiting for you Eklavya." Anirudhh, the law senior, nudged Eklavya.
"She isn't my sister sir." Eklavya was quick to answer. Just then Radha came nearer as Anirudh had gestured her.
"Okay okay, then, take your girlfriend, she has been waiting for you. Take my bike." Anirudha gave a devilish grin and nudged them. Radha just looked at Eklavya, still smiling, with rather confused eyes.
"Thank you a lot sir. I think we should go now Radha. You must be getting late." Eklavya took her near his bike.
"What did you tell him Eklavya?" Radha asked, laughing.
"He is a senior of mine, LLM, so I can't really argue with him. Come on, sit" Eklavya gave the bike a little thrust.
"What? I thought we were gonna walk" Radha said
"Oh no, we"ll reach home quickly, this way." Eklavya said, rather impatiently.
"I - uh - i think I'll just walk home." Radha staggered.
"Oh no please, Namita specially asked me to take you home, so just come" Eklavya said
"Alright." Radha swallowed, took a deep breath and sat behind, on Eklavya's bike seat. Eklavya started the bike and Radha screamed in a really shrill voice, contrary to her husky one "Aaaaaaaaaah!"
"What happened" a perplexed Eklavya asked.
"I can't sit on this Eklavya"
"Why?"
"Im- im- it's scary."
"What??"
"Yes, what if I fall and bang my head. No god no- "
"I've seen you kickbox a monkey. How come are you scared?" Eklavya laughed a little.
"Eklavya, I cant" Radha stuttered.
"Its alright, just sit down and hold the back handle." Radha tied her dupatta and held onto the back handle. Just then, before she had settled in,Eklavya initiated the fuel and, so, in fright, Radha put her other hand on Eklavya's shoulder very tightly. She put her head down on his back and hid in it, as if ashamed and embarrassed.
Eklavya stopped and asked her to give him her handbag,
"If you want, you can put your hand around my waist." Eklavya replied.
"I hope it's not uncomfortable." Radha spoke, without raising her forehead.
"Its alright Radha." Eklavya touched the back of her palm, which was on his shoulder. Radha slowly crept her hand beneath his Arms, around his waist. Eklavya felt, a sudden chill and soothingness in his entire body. He gave the bike a thrust and could feel Radha gripping him harder. It was a hard grip, yet he did not feel an ounce of discomfort.
Radha felt extremely ashamed on the other hand. A sudden sense of shame and guilt grew upon her. She knew, that she was making him uncomfortable, but Radha had never really had much of a problem, making people around her uncomfortable, that too in such petty situations.
It was good twenty minutes before they reached home. Eklavya stopped his engine and Radha got down.
"Well there's something about you that I know, that I didn't know before." Eklavya gave her a smirk.
"Come inside Eklavya, have some tea or coffee." Radha spoke courteously.
"No no, its fine, I have to go somewhere." Eklavya replied, handing over her handbag
"Oh that's-. By the way, try to keep this to yourself. I'll be learning how to drive a bike in a few days, so maybe I'll get over my fear." Radha replied, making Eklavya's smirk slowly diminish.
"Why- I mean, you can always ask me- us for help with your drop offs." Eklavya spoke quickly.
"Aww, that's very sweet, but, you wont always be there to help around." Radha just shrugged her shoulders.
"I will always be there for you." Eklavya murmurred to himself.
"What?" Radha snapped her fingers.
"Oh nothing, I think, I should go now."
"Yeah sure. Thanks for the ride Eklavya." Radha went back into her room
Eklavya started towards the bank and couldn't stop smiling for a moment.
Around 5 p.m. Radha was all decked up, in a blue dress she had recently bought. It showed her collarbone, which she paired with a small peice of artificial jewellery.
She wore some low-rise, white coloured heels and kept her hair open with a white rose tucked in one side.
Just then,Namita called her landline saying," you should've been here ten minutes ago. Come here already."
Radha knew exactly what was going on as Namita had explained her everything. Picking up her white sling- purse, Radha came out and, taking an auto- rickshaw, reached the destination. It was a showroom. As Radha reached there, Anil, had called Eklavya from the phone booth nearby, to come to the same spot by saying,"bhaiya, Namita didi is hurt, please come fast."
Around ten minutes later, Eklavya came by, running and reached the spot outside the showroom. Seeing no one there, he got confused and just then, Ravi popped up from one side, and so did all others, Namita, Anil, Shweta, Anita( Radha's landlords' children) and Radha. Namita came near him with a birthday cake and wished him happy birthday.
"What is all this?" Eklavya said.
"Its a surprise bhaiya." Ravi answered.
"But, my birthday is tomorrow, its the 28th today." Eklavya replied.
"We know, but throwing you an early party, we knew you'd be surprised." Anil replied.
"thats why y'all were so keen to get me out if the house, aah okayy. Thats why you asked me to drop Radha home. right Namita ?" Eklavya looked at Radha standing in a corner, smiling,"you were a part of this plan?"
"I seriously didn't know anything." Radha laughed.
After giving him bites of cake, they all took photographs on the camera, especially the one where Radha was feeding him, with special interest.
"Come on bhaiya, the real surprise awaits." Namita asked.
Just then Ravi came from behind with a brand new Royal Enfield from the showroom and gave it to his flabbergasted brother.
"What the hell is this?" Eklavya twitched.
"We know bhaiya, how much you need to move around, so, to make your job easier, we bought you a bike. Also it'll garner a lot of female attention" Ravi added.
"My job would get easier if you both could be of any use to me." Eklavya said
"I can't take it. Who will pay the money?" Eklavya said.
"Its already been taken care of, Mr.Responsible. now just enjoy your gift.
"You guys-"
"Take it Eklavya. Its a token of their love" Radha spoke and unknowingly, held his hand in hers. Upon realising she quickly pulled back her hands and started looking at her heels.
"Yes bhaiya, take it." Anil added. Apart from giving his brother a gift, Anil was really enjoying the fact that Radha was there with them too.
"Take it for a test drive bhaiya" Shweta insisted.
"Take Radha along. She's the one who came here in heels. We all can walk back home"
Namita insisted.
"I can walk home Namita." Radha added.
"Yeah, you should go along Radha didi" Anita spoke out.
"Yeah you can" Eklavya also grinned.
Radha resisted and upon being asked by Namita,"why don't you want to go?"
"You just want me to look a fearful freak." Radha murmured near her ear.
Realising, that Radha was not gonna come, he decided to take his bike by himself. Radha and all her friends went back home while Eklavya took a little drive and came back home.