Wedding

"Wow Shiv, show me." Monica clapped excitedly when she saw Shivansh pulling out his new camera.
"Wait jaan, have some patience. This is for you only. Come let's click a photograph together." Shivansh said as he put his arm around Monica.
*click. Monica excitedly took the camera into her hands and said,"Well, I'm no longer angry with you Shiv."
"That's what I wanted. Take it. Its yours." Shivansh let the camera into her hands. Monica was really happy, but soon her smile faded as Shivansh abruptly pulled his arm back,
"Didi. Hi! What are you- um- doing here?" Shivansh spoke nervously.
"If you've forgotten, I teach in this school, the one where you both are standing outside of. And who is this?" Kavita asked.
"Oh! She is- a frie- ; by the way Monica, meet my elder sister, Kavita didi." Shivansh pointed at Monica.
"Hello didi. I'm Monica. I'm Shivansh's junior in college." Monica answered
"Oh nice. So in which college are you?" Kavita asked.
"I'm in St.Bede's college didi." Shivansh hit his forehead.
"Huh strange, Shivansh here has completed his M.Tech as well so.-"
"Actually didi, we gotta go somewhere very urgent, so I'll see you at home" and with that they both moved from there. Kavita thought to herself," I'm no idiot. These two standing here in front of Portmore and wandering about in quiet road huh" and, she went inside.

"Anu, help me get ready." Veena shouted out to Radha as they were both getting ready for the baraat.
"Do your makeup yourself na. I gave you my makeup" Radha yelled as she pinned the pallu of her dark pink saree on the black blouse.
"Come here. I don't know how to do it." Hearing this Radha came quickly to help her sister get ready. Just as she was putting some foundation oj Veena's face, her mother called out for her. Radha made an excuse and went to parents' room. Her elder brother,Rajesh was sitting there in his sherwani, too with her father and mother.
"Anu, we need to change the registered number at the bank." Rajesh said
"Why?" Radha asked
"So that money is recieved to our account. The bride's father said that he would make a direct deposit at the bank." Her father told her.
"What happened?" Veena came into the room,
"Its nothing you go outside" her mother, Savitri told her off.
"Papa why didn't you update it beforehand?" Radha asked.
"I thought it will update itself when we changed our landline." Her father answered.
"Very good" Radha made a sarcastic remark.
"Fine,I have some connections in the bank, I'll go over and get it done quickly. Just come and get me at the bank only, for the baraat" Radha said and she decided to leave.
"My makeup?" Veena asked playfully.
"She's got better things to do" Savitri shuddered.
"Tell me Radha what's going on?" Veena asked.
"Oh its nothing. Just some bank work didi." And with that Radha went off.
After around two hours, Radha completed the work and came out with an updated passbook. She was waiting in front if the bank in Sanjouli for her parents' car, all decked up. She was looking ethereal with her kajal, and dark pink saree combined with a full sleeve and full length blouse on account of the November cold. Whilst standing there, her eyes locked with someone very familiar, and she suddenly became uncomfortable. He came near her and said,"where have you been Radha?"
"Oh Tejas, hi. Actually- umm- I was very sick last week and then we got busy with the preparations for Rajesh bhaiya, my elder brother's wedding." Radha nervously chuckled.
"I know Rajesh bhaiya is your elder brother. But you could've called me once." Tejas implied.
"Ohh! Actually u did call you. But you never pucked up." Radha added
"When?"
"Um- I don't rememb- yeah the next day after the...." Radha insinuated at something which Tejas could easily catch up on.
"I don't remember seeing your call"
"Maybe your landline wasn't working- Oh sorry I gotta go. See you" Radha quickly ran off towards her parents' car.
"Is that Tejas?" Veena pointed just as Radha sat in the car.
"Anu, you and Veena are both going to come with maasi alright?" Savitri spoke in between.
"In her car?" Radha asked.
"Yes" Savitri answered
"Who's going to drive us?" Veena asked.
"Rishi(maasi's youngest son) will take you." Rajesh answered.

One turn later Veena and Radha got down from the car below the staircase that led to their maasi's house. The car too small for all seven of them to be able to fit in. After climbing that flight of stairs, they were finally up on the link road, where they saw their maasi with her three children, Vandana, Rishi and Sourav. Their maasi seemed tense while Rishi sat on the stairs and Vanu and Sourav just stood there wondering. Upon greeting them, Radha and her sister realised that Rishi had sprained his ankle and fallen on his back whilst coming down and he was the only driver they had.
"What to do now beta?" Her maasi asked the kids.
"Let's call papa. He'll come pick us up." Vanu suggested.
"Maasi, I can take you. I'll drive" Radha spoke up.
"You can drive?" ALL three cousins of her asked in a perfect unison.
"Yeah. I learnt how to drive whilst in Delhi. Don't worry, u can take you." Radha added
"No beta how will you-"
"No Anu, how can you drive?" Both Vanu and Sourav asked her.
"I can do that bhaiya ,didi. Didi, tell them" Radha asked Veena
"Yes maasi, let her drive. She is a safe driver." Veena said.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure. Come let's sit." Once they were all seated, Radha pulled her saree up a little and Said," Sourav bhaiya, its strange how you are twenty six and still can't drive, while, me being eighteen, I can" Radha mocked
"I'm 25 Anu. And-uh- I can drive."
"So wanna exchange seats?" Radha added
"I'll let you take the drive today." Sourav said haughtily.