Prem

"Is there a Radha Kashyap in this class?" Meenal turned behind towards the boy asking for Radha.
"Yes, what do you need from her?" Meenal said as she tucked her hair behind her left ear.
"Where is she?" The fellow asked.
"Answer my question first." Meenal smacked her lips.
"Umm, we need to speak with her." The boy made an unusual face.
"Who is this 'we'?" Meenal continued asking.
"I'm sorry, do you know Radha? She danced in the college fest?" The boy seemed to distance himself from Meenal
"Don't you know me, Meenal Prajapati?" Meenal came closer to him while playing with her short hair.
"I'm so sorry, you are Meenal Prajapti? I didn't know. Have heard a lot about you." The boy mentioned as he stepped away.
"Yes, now tell me, what do you want from Radha?"
"You know joshi bhai? Prem joshi. He was looking for her."
"So he sent his personal assistant to get her." Meenal haughtily smiled. " take me to your Joshi bhai. There's nothing that Radha can do, which I can't." Meenal stomped forwards. Seeing no other option, he took her to the nearby class, where he was, Prem Joshi. The handsome lad who was the captain of their college's cricket team and was once an NCC commander.
"Hi, Radha." Prem turned back and spoke
"I'm not Radha. I'm Meenal." Meenal put her finger on her lower lip.
"I think, I called for a Radha Kashyap." Prem frowned his eyebrows yet still gently smiling.
"She didn't come in today. Tell me what do you want. I'm sure I can help you with it." Meenal suggested as she tried to his grab his muscular arm.
"That's fine, just let me know when Radha arrives"
"Oh don't be so modest. You are the captain and  I'm sure I can help you with whatever you need." Meenal emphasised .
"Ohhkay, I want someone to tutor me and I heard, that Radha was the last year's topper." Prem made a clear expression.
"No no no, she came second. I came first. Who told you that?" Meenal got slightly annoyed.
"I heard it. So can you tutor me Chemistry?" Prem asked.
"Shit" meenal murmmered, "Yeah sure" despite knowing the fact that she had got 60 marks while Radha had 91, she agreed
"Fine, so let's meet in the library after lunch." He said as he walked out if the class. Prem said this one particular sentence loudly, garnering attention from everyone in their class and soon after Prem left, the chatting began.

The next morning, Surjit was standing, all ready outside her house's gate. Anil was off to school and Namita was standing with her, just when Eklavya came out in his uniform. He was fixing his hair with his hands when he saw Radha coming out of her house, wearing a simple green and yellow salwar-kameez. He waved to her but she didn't notice and instead bumped into his mami.
"Oh sorry mamiji."
"Ullu ke pathe. Watch where you're going" Surjit replied.
"RADHA" Namita shouted and Eklavya stopped as well to hear their conversation.
"Namaste aunty" Radha greeted Surjit.
"Namaste beta. How are you now?" Surjit smiled
"I'm better now aunty. Took a medicine." Radha replied.
"What happened to you?" Namita asked.
"Yes Radha what happened?" Eklavya also joined earning a glare from Surjit.
"It was nothing. Had a little fever. Now I'm fine."
"I have so much to tell you. You'll go crazy" Namita clapped excitedly.
"You girls can gossip later on as well." Surjit turned to Radha and said,"Radha beti I have a favour to ask."
"Whatever aunty. Tell me" Radha spoke as she flipped her ponytail backwards.
"We all are going to Amritsar today. Your uncle's chachaji passed away. He was the last one left."
"I'm so sorry for your loss auntyji. May his soul rest in peace. What happened?" Radha asked.
"Arre beti, don't ask. He had a stroke. He was in ICU for one day before he... he was only 87 years old." Surjit answered as she fixed her dupatta on her head.
"That's unfortunate. Was he sick?" Radha mentioned.
"He had a long list of illnesses. Heart disease, what you call that- yes Arthritis, you know."
"Haye. Hope his family is okay."
"Yes we are all going to meet them only. So we all are going, but since Eklavya isn't directly related and he said he has some work here, so only we are going. Ravi and Eklavya will be alone."
"Not even Nami?" Radha asked
"Na beta, she has to go too. Thats why I'm concerned about who will cook food for them. So, I know you are Sick, but can you just come here and make them food. They anyways liked the kadhi you had prepared for them, a lot
They can manage the rest themselves."
"Arre aunty. Only this much. Sure sure. You didn't have to ask me. I would've done it." Radha chuckled.
"These both can do all work except cooking. Once this Eklavya tried to make some when he was alone and when I came home, I found a burnt kadhai with only a single chana floating in the broth. The rice raw on top and burnt at the bottom" Surjit taunted. Radha tried holding back her laughter seeing Eklavya's flushed cheeks.
"Mamaji- I was 16 and I told you the rice was made by Ravi. Please don't... I'm really not that bad Radha" Eklavya's cheeks were flushed.
"Ahnn." Radha nodded and said,"Okay auntyji, I have to go, I'll come over in the evening and make them something.
Surjit suddenly remembered," And also, about Anil's tuition, is he doing well?"
"Yes aunty hes doing just fine." Radha made a cautious reply.
"Oh really? Because the other day i walked in, i saw  something else." Eklavya smirked.
Radha moved her eyes so as to not let Surjit aunty know anything
"She was like,'Anil, tell me the formula of mola- something and when he couldnt, bam! three slaps in a row." Eklavya asked and Radha had a fearful and worried expression. On her face.
"Its not that Aunty, i-"
"Its okay beta, do anything you want, just dont kill him." Radha had a sigh of relief
"Thank you so much bet-"
"No auntyji, its my return to all your favours."
Just as that was said, Namita and Radha started walking together to the college. And Eklavya mounted his bike.