Emergency

It was nearly 3 P.m., when Yusuf was scrolling through his instagram and he saw a incoming call. He picked it up and, from the other side, the girl spoke,
"Come to my apartment right now Yusuf."
"Woah woah woah Tamoghana have a little patience."
"Yusuf. Its an emergency."
"Do you mean like a sexmergency?" Yusuf chuckled.
"Come fast."
"Fine, I'll be there in about 15 minutes." Yusuf cut the call and put on a jacket and left his PG room.
"Where you headed to bro?" His roomate asked.
"You know, girls, their drama. Just going to deal with some of it." Yusuf replied.
"Good luck with that." His roommate raised and eyebrow.

Yusuf knocked on the door. Tamoghana came and opened. As he stepped into her simple, 1BHK flat, nicely cleaned and maintained, he could see some tension on his girlfriend's face. He asked her," so sonething's wrong?"
"Take this." Tamoghana handed him a digital strip. He saw it had two lines on it. The expressions on his face changed, horrified and he asked," Are you?", smiling his eyebrows at her.
"Yes." Tamoghana looked tensed.
"Well sometimes, these things are wrong-"
Tamoghana pulled out another strip, with two lines.
"Uh- what- how?" Yusuf seemed confused.
"I am pregnant Yusuf."Tamoghana ascertained.
"But weren't we so careful-"
"Whats done is done. What do I do now Yusuf?" Tamoghana asked.
"Why are you asking me. I don't know." Yusuf spoke, panicked out.,"my ammi would skin me alive." Yusuf sat down on the bed.
"I don't think my mother would have a bad reaction but- how will be able to tell my father."
"What do we do now" Yusuf chewed on his nails. "Can I get an emergency pill?" He asked her,
"No it's been more than 72 hours, it won't work."
"Hoo - hoo" Yusuf started panicking.
"Don't panick" Tamoghana said
"How can I not. Aren't you- how will we manage.?"
"STOP IT." Tamoghana hit Yusuf in the head."Its all your fault. Now why are you panicking."
"How come is it ALL my fault" Yusuf yapped
"YOU SLEPT WITH ME." tamoghana shrieked.
"OH, SO DIDNT YOU ASK FOR IT.?" Yusuf yelled.
"DONT YOU YELL AT ME." Tamoghana warmed him," Anyways, If it were up to me; I would want to do IT ever single day. You should have been the responsible one."
" that does not make any sense." Yusuf got up from the bed.
"Now I am panicking. ALL BECAUSE OF YOU." Tamoghana yelled again.
"Are you sure this baby is mine?" Yusuf held Tamoghana's face in his hands.
Tamoghana gave him the death stare. He quickly realised what he said and apologised saying,"uh-I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. But do we do now?"
"We need to tell our parents." Tamoghana spoke with great seriousness.
"But how? Will you be able to? Aren't you sacred huh?" Yusuf asked.
"I was once caught with a cigarette when i was FIFTEEN . My parents didn't say anything." Tamoghana said,
"Woah. They let you smoke?" Yusuf asked, in complete consternation
"Of course they didn't. But they definitely didn't skin me alive." Tamoghana brazed.
"But my parents are........" Yusuf lay down on the bed, all worried.
"Don't worry Yusuf." Tamoghana trued to calm him down.
"How come are you so calm?" Yusuf sat upright.
"OF COURSE IM PANICKING. BUT one of us needs to be." Tamoghana took a long pause before she said," I think I'll tell my parents. What about you?"
"No no no. Why are you telling your parents." Yusuf shrieked.
"I'm sure my mother would understand. She does support 'love is love'. She even knows about that LGTV."
"Its LGBT. My mother wouldn't.huh-" Yusuf got up and said, "can you convert to Islam?"
"What nooo" tamoghana quickly replied.
"It'll make things easier for me. Well, if you're telling, then I'll tell my brother. I'm sure he would give a harshhh talk, but he would understand. We are practically the same age."
"Don't worry Yusuf. We will figure it out.".

The next day, Tamoghana called Yusuf and told him that she would be leaving for Shimla by noon.
"You aren't going to tell your parents. Are you?" Yusuf asked her over the phone.
"I don't know, I'll see. Maybe I'll them about you first." Tamoghana replied.
"Do what you wish, but...." Yusuf smacked his lips.
"What?"
"Just take care OK?" Yusuf replied.
"No I won't be able to come. I got hurt last night and I don't think I'll be of any use to you."
"What use? I'm not using you. I just wanted to say bye. Fine, I'll come over to your PG."
"No no no no." Yusuf panicked.
"But why?"
"My roomate has some guests over."
"So what? Do you not want to meet me?"
"Its not that. Fine, I'll come."
"You don't have have to come. Its fine. I'll go by myself." Tamoghana hung up the call.

At the railway station, Tamoghana was carrying her luggage up the platform, where she saw Yusuf right before the ticket counter.
"What are you doing here?" Tamoghana asked him, not caring the least bit.
"I'm here to say goodbye to you."Yusuf chuckled.
"Is your little wound okay now BaBy" tamoghana mocked him," huh- oh you are really hurt."  Tamoghana gasped as she saw the wound mark on his right ankle."what were you even doing?"
"I tripped." Yusuf Said, fondling his hair.
"Woww." Tamoghana said sarcastically.
"I was thinking about you. So I wasn't paying attention and I fell."
"Aww. You are sooooo..... DUMB."  Tamoghana went on the platform as she saw her train arrive.
"I'll carry your luggage." Yusuf tried to take her suitcase
"I can do it myself. Besides, you tripped didn't you?" Tamoghana gave a fake smile.
"Just take care and let me know what your parents say."Yusuf told her as she put her suitcase below the sleeper.
"Hmm" tamoghana replied and soon her train left.