05 | Dinner

As I watched Ella fall to the ground, anger rushed through my body

As I watched Ella fall to the ground, anger rushed through my body. Bethany is grinning, Brianna looks completely shocked when suddenly, Bethany is on the floor too.
"My baby!" Amelia cried running to Bethany.
"The fuck?" Alex muttered, glaring at Amelia. Then, a loud thump echoed around the room and Bethany's cries filled the silent atmosphere. Ella was standing, looking down at Bethany's slumped body.

"Why did you do that!" Amelia yelled at Ella and Ella whipped around to face her. I recognised the fire that burned fiercely in her eyes, it was the same one that burned during fights or when she was raging. I could tell she was holding herself back.

"SAELLA! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Amelia yelled and Ella glanced at her with her deadly glare. I saw Amelia gulp but I only had my eyes for Ella.

Ella walked over to the table and sat down beside me as Bethany and Anelia stared at the table in shock as we all started eating, well everyone except Ella.

She stared down at her food in shock and I knew why.
"Principessa? Why aren't you eating?" Zach asked and Ella jolted her head up.

She signed, "I can eat?"

"Translation?" Zach asked, looking at me.

"She asked if she could eat." Everyone paused what they were doing as they looked at us, maybe in shock.

"Of course, you can eat, why wouldn't you be allowed to?" Alex asked carefully like he was treading on ice. I watched as Ella just shrugged her shoulders.

The dinner continued with Ella eating very little but eating more than usual. I felt her turn to look at me and I smiled at her warmly; proudly even.

Suddenly, a ringing pierced through the silent blanket that draped over us.
It was mine.
"Put it on speaker," Dante ordered as I nodded, answering the phone before starting to speak in German before the caller could get a word in.

"Hallo, Sie sind auf Lautsprecher, bitte sprechen Sie auf Deutsch" (hello, you are on speaker, please speak in German.)

"Hallo Chef. Wir wollten Sie fragen, ob Sie heute Abend mit Queen Raven auf Mission gehen möchten." (Hello, Boss. We were wondering if you wanted to go on a mission with Queen Raven tonight.) It was Samuel, our receptionist in a way, he was also my best mate and the third-best hacker in the gang we made. 

I looked over to Ella and saw she was staring sheepishly at her plate. Of course, she arranged this without me. 

"Ja, Samuel, arranger das. Wie viel Uhr?" (Yes, Samuel, arrange that. What time?) I sighed slightly as I realised she sorted this out over text and would go anyway. After he told me what time, I ended the call and looked calmly over at everyone else. They were looking at me in shock.

"Yes?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"You know a different language?" Of course I do Zach, if I didn't I wouldn't be talking German. I rolled my eyes at his response.

Hey guys! Sorry for such a late post, I've been struggling recently and haven't been able to write and I'm sorry for such a short chapter, I will try to write a longer one for next week! I want to say thank you so much for 20 votes and 189 views, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great week!

~Adalyn Solace