08 | Confrontation

•Saella Moretti•

•Saella Moretti•

When we pulled up outside the forest where our house property was, we hid the car in a hidden garage Sam had bought us and just told us about. When we got out, I reached for Seb's hand, needing comfort.

He gave me a look but I shrugged it off. As we sneaked past the guards, I started thinking about how we needed to up the guards here if they wanted to try to protect themselves. I mean, if two teenagers who have just moved here can escape, a random mafia man can easily get in.

As we arrived underneath my balcony, I waved goodbye to Seb and started painfully climbing up the pole. I could see Seb doing the same as I finally reached the top of my balcony. When I opened the door to the balcony, I was welcomed by the same lavender scent perfume I put on before I left. It was nearly 4 in the morning at this point and my body was exhausted. I quickly got dressed into some PJs, a blue set and hid away my leather jacket in the closet.

I forgot completely about my bloodied clothes and just climbed into my bed, sleep overcoming me almost as soon as my head hit the pillow

~~~~

When I opened my eyes, I was instantly met by a crowd of people, my family to be more exact. They all looked shocked and worried except Amelia, Bethany, Seb and Summer. I sat up slowly and looked around.

"Care to explain this?" Zach asked, holding up my bloody outfit from early this morning. Oh shit...

I stared at him and then rolled my eyes, already swinging my legs over the side of my bed however I moved too quickly and a wave of pain crashed over me. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing for a minute before opening them to be met with Seb's concerned gaze. 

"C'est tes côtes, Ella?" Seb asked me (Is it your ribs, Ella?)  And I nodded and he sighed. Everyone was looking at us as if we had just grown two heads. Everyone except Bri, who had paled slightly and was looking at me with intense worry.