19- Carlos

~Carlos Moretti~

I was kind of annoyed that the others were spending more time with Ella and Seb than me but I understood it, I was more busy. I was in the kitchen baking randomly when I heard soft footsteps and instantly recognised them as Ella's. I turned around as she walked in with a smile on her face. I smiled back warmly.

"Hey Ella, everything okay?" I asked her gently as she nodded then pointed to the baking stuff on the counters as if to ask what I was doing. 
"Oh, I'm making chocolate chip cookies, wanna help?" She nodded and tied her hair up then walked to the sink where she washed her hands. As I instructed her to pass me certain things, she did so easily and then started making her own batch of cookies. We put them in the oven at the same time and then I stood around and just talked to her for a bit as we waited for our cookies to bake. Ella seemed happy to be around here but every time I saw faint scars on her hands or when she yawned and the bruises showed on her torso, I wanted to scream and kill the fuckers that hurt her. I would bring them back from the dead and kill them myself, after letting them go through hell first of course. No one is allowed to touch my sister and those who do won't live long enough to apologise.

After about 20 minutes of talking, the timer for our cookies went off and I got them out of the oven for us. They looked perfect, the chocolate had melted in just the right areas, and the smell of the cookies already filling the room. Not even a moment after I had put them on a cooling rack did we hear footsteps like those of an elephant when in reality it was my brothers. A second later, they were all standing in the doorway, trying to take a look at the cooling rack.

"Heyyyy Carlos, you know how I love you very much, right?" Enzo says.

"Yeah, we all love you so very much so I think you should, you know, share those cookies with us?" Luca adds, offering me a smile. I look to Ella and she smirks and I smirk as we come to the same conclusion.

"Sure, go ahead, just one though," I say, making sure to sound exasperated. They rush forward and each picks one up and bites into it, their faces of bliss and happiness before shock takes over and they start fanning their mouth.

"Ah, shit hot hot hot!" Luca yells through his mouthful. Me and Ella wear matching grins as they all look like idiots, everyone except Seb who is eating calmly. 

"They just came out of the oven, idiots," Seb says as he finishes his cookie. Alex rolls his eyes at him just as Dad comes in with a smile.

"Carlos, did you trick them again?" He asks with a smile and I nod, smirking.

"You guys would think you would learn after the past 12 times he's done this to you but no, you clearly didn't inherit my brains." Dad scoffed, smiling lightly though so we know he meant it as a joke. Suddenly, Amelia storms in and aims to hit Dad but she is stopped by a small hand. Ella. She has a look of fury on her face as she stands in front of Dad protectively. I don't know how she saw it coming or how quickly she got there, but everyone is silent now.

"Let go of me you bitch!" Amelia screeches causing all of us to try to move to her but Ella holds up a hand.

"You will never touch my family," Ella says in a low, deadly voice. What shocks me is the fact that she literally talked for the first time in what I presume to be years. Amelia is clearly shocked as well as her hand falls limp. Bethany, Brianna and Summer come in, all shocked. Dad snaps out of his surprise and moves Ella out of the way gently.

"Amelia, I want you, Bethany and Summer out my house in an hour, I am tired of you walking all over my kids like you have been. You are not welcome here you three." He says lowly, a glare settled on his face. He turns to Brianna with a softer look. "Brianna, if you wish to stay here, you may." Bri nods and I sigh in relief, Amelia hates Bri compared to Bethany so I'd be scared to see what she would do to Bri. Amelia scowls but walks out with Summer and Bethany.

Dad turns to Ella with a smile.

"Ella, did you talk a minute ago?" Ella nods with a soft smile and Seb whoops, running and embracing her.

"Thank God, I was so freaking worried!" He says, smothering her with a massive bear hug, and soon we all joined in so she was covered in a hug from us. 

Hey guys, it's not the longest chapter but I thought I should finally get rid of the bitches. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please tell me your thoughts. Also, I want to thank you for 222 votes and nearly 7.3k views, I appreciate it so much!

Stay Safe,

~Adalyn Solace