26| Tears

~Saella Moretti~

We all headed to school together, which I soon learned to regret as my cousins started singing randomly together, it got on my nerves so I put my own headphones in and blocked them out by blasting my music as loud as possible. Seb eventually tapped my shoulder when we got to school and I got out, heading to my first lesson, English.

As I sat there, listening to the teacher drone on about something I already knew, my thoughts drifted to Sam. I wondered if he was okay, how he was doing. I also wondered about the boy that had been watching me recently, Adrian or Aiden or something like that, I didn't really pay attention when I was told.

Why did he keep looking at me? What did I do for him to stare at me and be so well friendly? I mean, I don't even talk to him so why is he so attracted to me, I don't have a perfect body or face, I'm not the perfect weight, I'm nowhere near perfect or the type of girl that boys were drawn to, am I?

~Sam Horomain~

Me and Lili drove to school together and in the car, she brought up my Raven.
"So, have you asked Ella out yet?" She asked me, glancing up from her phone as I drove. My hand clenched around the steering wheel.
"No, she's been focused on her family at the moment so I haven't wanted to bother her. Plus, I think her self-esteem has gone down again so I don't want her to think I'm asking her out through pity," I explain and she nods, thoughtful.

"Yes, but maybe she likes you and is waiting for you to ask her out?" Lili questions but I think it through, would she really like me though? I mean, it's just me. Plain Sam. All these other female mafia leaders or princesses get married off to another mafia to make their one more powerful, so why would she fall in love with her own assistant? I mean, I'm not that great, I shouldn't get my hopes up with her.

~6 hours later~

I walk out of school and see Aiden talking to Ella.
"Hey Ella! I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow?" Aiden asked, his voice chipper with excitement and hope.

I froze.

Would she say yes? Would she say no? Would she accept and all my few chances with her would be crushed? Fear filled me, I couldn't lose my Raven, she couldn't date Aiden, a boy with no morals or any proper sense of how to treat a girl, especially a girl like Ella.

I watched Ella nod and my breath stopped. She had accepted. She was going on a date with Aiden. Anger and sadness raged inside me as I saw Aiden grin widely and promise to pick her up at 7 pm for dinner tomorrow. Once he had walked off, I went over to Ella.

"So, you have a date with Aiden," I said simply and she nodded. I scowled.
"Why would you go on a date with him? Of all people you go with him? Did that coma damage your brain or something?" I snapped and saw her face fill with hurt. She stepped back but at this point, anger was overtaking me, I couldn't believe she was doing this to me, she was leaving me for a different boy.

It seemed like my love for her was buried, like with her acceptance, my flame that represented my love for her had been squashed and burnt out.

I watched her take a step away from me and try to sign something but I didn't want to listen.
"No! I don't want to hear it Ella! Is it me or him?" I asked, my breathing heavy as I struggled to contain my anger. Her eyes filled with tears and I nodded once, turning my back on her.

"You've made your choice Ella. Goodbye," I heard her whisper a small, broken 'wait' but I didn't. I walked to my car and sped off, ignoring Lili asking me what had happened and why I was so pissed off.

~No one's View~

When Ella had climbed in the car, everyone noticed her tears but didn't say anything, they didn't want to upset her. At home, she went to her room and locked herself there. Everyone tried getting her to come out but no one succeeded. But everyone who tried could hear her sobs as she cried for hours on end, Sebastian could not sleep because of the pain he felt when he heard his twin's cries. They were the same sound as the days leading up to her attempt and fear gripped at him. But he tried to not think too much about it, she wouldn't try again would she?

A few days pass and no one sees her, she refuses to come out of her room and stays crying for days on end.

Hey guys, what do we think? Thank you for 20k! As always,

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace