29 | Regrets?

~Sam Horomain~

I don't know what to do. I fucked up. Big time. Lili came home from talking with the Moretti family and she was crying, my heart hurt as it always did when she cried. 
"What's wrong, Lili?" I asked her softly, going to hug her but she stepped back.
"Don't hug me right now, Samuel. Our best friend has fucking isolated herself again! It's a repeat of what happened and...and I'm scared to lose her!" Lili yells and she falls into my arms, sobbing. It took a moment for her words to sink in.

Isolating herself? Repeat? I realise what she means and freeze. No, no, no. She can't, she wouldn't try take her life because of me, right?

"She would," Lili whispered, I wondered if I had spoken aloud.
"You didn't speak aloud but it's clear where your thoughts had gone. She loves you, Sam and you hurt her, badly. Last time, it was you who pulled her out of her dark hole, this time it is you pushing her down that dark hole." Her words made the regret in my heart dig deeper. This was my fault.

That night, I don't sleep. I can't. My mind thinks over and over and over, I think of her I treated her all because I was jealous, I mean, I pushed the girl I loved most away because I couldn't be bothered to give her the time of day. I am an asshole. Can I even fix this?

I want to go to her now and tell her I'm sorry, tell her that I still love her, that I never meant a word I said. But I can't. She won't forgive me. What do I do?

My thoughts didn't stop whirling around my head the whole night and the next evening, I go to one of the fight rings and signed up. When it was my turn, I didn't even bother wrapping my hands, I wanted to feel an ounce of how Ella was feeling. So in the fight, I made it last as long as I could, letting myself get hurt in the meantime as I thought of everything I did to Ella, I knocked my opponent out eventually and I was announced as the winner.

I head home, ignoring my bloody knuckles and I climbed out my car once I've parked outside my house. Liliana ran out the house, sobbing.
"Whoa, Lili, what's wrong?" I ask, concerned.
"She's gone!" She cries, falling into my arms.
"Who is?"
"Ella."

Sorry for how short this is, this is the second to last chapter of this book! The next chapter is even shorter than this one, so yeah. Hope you enjoyed!

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace