15 | The Talk

•Saella Moretti•

•Saella Moretti•

I'm tense. How much do they know? What don't they know? Seb is trying to take my mind off it but all I can think about is how they will all react when they realise I'm broken and not the same girl they might think I am. My mind is reeling with thoughts when Zach stands up. I look at him and so does Seb but all he tells us is that Alex wants to see me. Seb sighed but nodded and kissed my forehead gently with an "I'll beat them up if they overwhelm you Ella. Just send a text." and then he walked out. A moment later, Brianna and Alex walked in.

"Hey, Ella how are you feeling?" Alex asked me gently. I noticed Bri's eyes were red as if she had been crying but she was trying to hide it.
"I knew it." She whispered. I look at her, puzzled.
"I knew something was up the other day when you wouldn't let me look at your ribs when Seb was talking to you about it." She continues and I realise what she means. Alex looks confused.

"What do you mean, Bri?" Alex asks her and she looks towards me for permission to tell him what she knows. I nod, knowing they will find out one way or another.
"I have been keeping an eye on Ella ever since she came here because I first noticed a slight limp the day she got here. I wasn't sure if you all knew but judging by the way she hid from all of us and would hide the pain she was clearly in, I assumed you all didn't know. The day she went out at night, I saw her sneak out, I was in the forest, clearing my head as usual when I saw her and Seb sneak out her window. It was very clear she was in pain to me because she didn't run as fast. I sort of followed her partways and saw her greet someone and then drive somewhere. I recognized the boy a few days later when we went shopping but left it at that so she didn't realise I was following her. I waited until she got back and noticed she ran slower than before as if the pain was more than before. I pulled her into the bathroom the other day and confirmed my suspicions that she was hurt by the way she was so defensive." Bri tells us and my eyes widen as I realise how much she caught onto.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Alex asked her, looking just as perplexed as me.

"I wasn't sure how to, what was I meant to do, go up to Dad and say 'Oh, by the way, your daughter is injured and I don't know to what extent but I have been following her and she is injured'?" Bri explains and I nod in agreement then grab my phone that's on the side thankfully.

"Bri is right about most of that. I was in more pain when I came back and I have been in too much pain to notice everything she was doing." I type on my phone and then show them.

"What do we do now?" Alex asked and I shrugged. Bri looks at me.
"Can you tell us how you got those injuries?" I shake my head, glaring at the wall as I suppress the memories. "Does Seb know?" She prods a bit deeper. I nod and she and Alex have a silent conversation. It's clear to me that these two are closer than Bri is with any of the others. I'm not sure why and maybe I won't ever know but their relationship is something I adore and wish I could have with the others but maybe it is just not meant to be.

~~~

Around 6 pm, all my brothers, Bri and Zach crowd in. I look at them, confused. I notice Seb has a guilty expression and the others all look angry, sad or just conflicted really. Many have tear stains down their cheeks even though they tried hiding them.

"Ella? I'm sorry, I had to tell them." Seb spoke up. My head whips to him, a glare on my face. I quickly sign, "Tell them what Sebastian Moretti." He looks at me, we both know what he means. I shake my head, refusing to accept it. They can't know, they just can't!

"Ella, why didn't you tell us?" The sadness in Carlos' voice rips into my heart as I look away from them, unable to keep their gaze. But, I refuse to cry, I won't allow them to see me weak again, they have already seen me weak once, let's not make it twice.

Maybe they just want to help us

Don't be stupid brain, why would they help someone as broken as me?

We should just let them in for once, they might be able to help us!

We can't be helped, brain.

I have a name!

Oh, do you now?

Yes, my name is Ada!

Right whatever, Ada.

Right, ignore me talking to my brain, sometimes it can sort of give me semi-good advice when it feels like it.

I get dragged out of my thoughts by Seb tapping my shoulder. I glare at him.

"Earth to Ella!" He calls. I give him a look to say 'Back off'.
"Ella, you zoned out for like five minutes, are you okay?" Dante asked and I nodded, glaring.

I see them all looking shocked at my anger. But at this point, I was done with everything.

I stood up, ignoring their protests for me to lay back down. I grabbed my trainers and put them on, ignoring their attempts. Someone tries to grab me but I shove them back and punch them in the nose. I run out of the hospital room, ignoring the nurses and running quicker past everyone. In a minute, I'm out of the hospital and running down the streets, the meds the doctors gave me easing my pain. 

~~~

Hello, guys! As Saturday is two days before Christmas, I decided to give you all two chapters instead of one. Remember,

Stay Safe,

~Adalyn Solace