25 | The Full Truth

~Saella Moretti~

I sat down with the rest of the family as we were served dinner, my heart was beating too fast for my liking and I was anxious. Being around all these people I didn't know didn't help ,y anxiety. Without realising, my fingers brushed over my wrists, instantly catching the attention of Seb. He started talking in German.

"Hey Ella, geht es dir gut?" (Hey Ella, you okay?) He asked me, looking at me with concern. At this point everyone was looking at me and I nodded and signed, "Yeah, being around everyone just makes me anxious."  I answered. 

"Du hast deine Finger wieder über deine Narben gestrichen," (You were brushing your fingers over your scars again,) He said back in German, clearly worried. I shook my head to show it's fine. Everyone went back to eating though we did get weird gazes, however, I brushed them off as I didn't have any energy to do anything else. 

Everyone was talking amongst themselves when Uncle Francisco called my name. I look up from my plate, he had a warm smile and his eyes had crinkles from laughter around them

"Saella, do you know about what we do?" He asked curiously, I nodded. 

"So you know that we are the the Italian, Spanish and Greek mafias?" He asked again, I nodded.

I shared a look with Seb and nodded to him. He gave me a look as if to ask if I'm sure and I nodded once again so he stood up.
"Can we talk to you all, while you are all here?" He asked and they all murmured agreements. I stand and walk to beside Seb as he started talking.

"So, as our brothers, Bri and Dad know, Ella was abused growing up. I was as well, but never as often or as bad. She was known as the quiet, maid girl from our mother and stepfather whereas I was seen as a potential partner for them. They was drug dealers but we both refused to play a part in it. Ella was badly abused while I would be forced to watch. We both had bad mental health growing up. At 6, Ella started learning to fight and by 12 was the best fighter out of me, her and our two best friends. At that point she started the mafia that is known as the Bloodhounds however, at 14, something bad happened to her," Surprisingly, I continue, my voice clear.

"At 14, I fell in love with a boy and he came from Russia but promise he didn't play a part in the Russian Mafia and I was naive when it came to love so I believed him. He did something to me that basically shattered what was left of my self-esteem, self-preservation and my mental health. I ended up attempting to commit suicide. I won't go into details. Mother and Sir were out for the weekend so our two best friends had come round and them and Seb opened the bathroom, where I was bleeding out.
      They instantly called my mafia doctor and I was rushed there, one of my best friends, he already knew how to drive. For 7 months, I was in a coma. It was a bad 7 months for everyone and eventually, I think I was 15 and a half, I took over my mafia again after not being in charge. You see, I had given over almost everything to my boy best friend and Seb when I fell in love with the boy, and when I woke up at 15, I took over 6 months after my birthday. I didn't go to therapy but I would write in a diary. By 16, my mental health was better and I was finally getting back on track with my life. I had three businesses and my mafia was the biggest one in the world." I stopped and looked around. 

That was the most I had spoken in a very long time. Some had tears in their eyes some were staring at me blankly, but the most common emotion was anger. I don't think it was directed at me, I think it was directed at those who hurt me. 

Hey guys! Sorry for the deep explanation and sorry for such a short chapter but I haven't really had any ideas, I am moving on to the drama (I think) in the story soon, so I hope you enjoy. It was my birthday yesterday so I was busy all day yesterday at school and then I was with friends all day today so this was the best I could do. Thank you for reading and as always,

Stay Safe!

~Adalyn Solace