09 | Protecting Seb

Recap: I walked through the door only to be met with madness and absolute chaos

As I walked through, I drew the attention of my brothers and father and almost instantly had someone launch themselves on me, bringing me into a hug. I stumbled but the person kept their grip on me. It was Seb by the cologne. 

"My God Ella! Could you not have told me before going out? I haven't seen you all day! I thought someone had retaken you and we were rushing around and you wouldn't answer your phone..." He trailed off and I instantly felt bad.

"I'm sorry, I went for a walk after lunch and forgot to tell you. I'm so so sorry." I signed. Seb nodded and pulled back.

"Care to translate?" Alex asked, sounding pissed off. Seb answered with a short no. They sighed but I pushed past them and headed upstairs where I grabbed my book and just read for a bit. Maybe an hour later someone knocked on the door and Bethany's harsh voice echoed around my room.

"Saella. You are wanted for dinner." I then hear her heels walking away as I put my bookmark in and begin walking to the door. 

A few moments later, I arrived downstairs where all the chatting was coming from. As I entered the room, once again, everything fell silent. Seb and Beth still weren't at the table yet though. 

"Hey, Ella! Do you want to sit by me?" Lorenzo asked and I debated it before nodding. As I sat down, I heard my twin yelling. I instantly stood back up and quickly ran upstairs where I saw Seb backed against a wall with Beth trying to kiss him. Rage flowed through me as I ran forward and pushed her away from him and onto the floor.

I sat on her and started throwing punches left and right, my anger overflowing. How dare she try touch my brother? I was pulled off her by someone strong as I struggled to get back to her. The person kept me in their grip for a little longer as my anger started slowly boiling down until I heard Seb whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

"There we go, that's good. Keep on breathing steadily." He whispered and finally, after a few minutes, I was calmer than before, calm enough to take in my surroundings.

Lying on the floor, bawling, was Bethany while Amelia was sitting over her, telling her it would be alright. My brothers were all standing around looking from her to me in complete shock. I stood up and made my way down the stairs to the dining table where my plate lay untouched. I sat and took a drink, ignoring the slight twinge of pain in my knuckles. Maybe ten minutes later, everyone arrived downstairs. Bethany had bruises all along her face as well as a few sewn-up cuts. I smirked at her and she glowered at me. Amy was crying whereas most of my brothers were failing to hide their smirks.

Zach cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him.

"So, um, as I wanted to say before the uh... incident, Sebastian and Saella, you will be starting the same school as the others and will be attending on Monday. The boys will be going back on Friday after they have taken you shopping tomorrow. Alex, Carlos, Dante and I will be at work for the next few days so you won't see much of us but Lorenzo, Luca, Bethany and Brianna will be taking you shopping to get school stuff and your new clothes and pretty much anything you need." He finished and I nodded but, Amelia was turning slowly red.

"What the hell, Zach! Saella should be getting a punishment, shouldn't she? She just beat up my daughter for god's sake! Punish her!" She screeched and at her words I slowly paled.

Punishment? What kind of punishment? Will they hurt me here as well? Seb must be thinking something similar as he turned to face me and then stood up his face stone cold.

"Punish her? Punish her? Do you hear yourself, Winters? Your daughter tried to force herself on me and all my twin sister did was protect me because you are all incompetent idiots who do not pay attention. All my twin did was protect me from someone who was trying to kiss me without my consent. So don't you dare try to punish my sister in any way, shape or form or else there will be hell to pay." His voice was deadly calm, daring Amelia to challenge him. She paled and took a shaky step backwards while I smirked at how scared she was of him. 

"Seb, sit down. No one is going to punish you or Ella." Alex said calmly but Seb just shook his head, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room. We didn't even eat dinner.

Seb led me to his room where he locked the door. He turned around and faced me, glancing down to my knuckles and then back to my neck. He growled lowly as he looked over my neck and I cautiously put my hand to my neck.

"Come on, let's clean your neck and knuckles." He said softly, much to what his demeanour said earlier. He grabbed my hand gently and led me to his bathroom where he began cleaning my neck and knuckles. Finally, he was done so he led me right back out and to his closet where he grabbed one of his hoodies and joggers and gave them to me to put on. He then left the room while I quickly got changed, not looking at the bruises that littered my ribs and stomach. 

Seb came in when I opened his door and we walked to his bed where we snuggled up together.

"I'm sorry." He whispered but I shook my head and I pulled him into a tight hug. I felt his tears dripping onto the hoodie I'm wearing as sobs shook his body. I knew it was less the fact that he was nearly kissed by his stepsister and the fact that he couldn't protect me from our mother and stepfather. My heart wrenched at his sobs as I comforted him. 

Hey guys! First, did anyone do the two minutes of silence? I did. So first off, thank you to everyone who puts their life at risk for others or their country.

Next, did you enjoy the story? I wonder what will happen to Amelia and Bethany...

Love you!
Stay Safe!
~Adalyn Solace