CHAPTER 12

"I didn't hear anything," Cheong-san said suddenly.

"Like what?" Su-hyeok asked.

"After Na-yeon went out and then Miss Park went after her, I didn't hear anything after that," Y/n explained.

"You mean screaming? " su-hyeok asked.

Cheong-san nodded, "Yeah."

"Maybe they didn't die, then. They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive," Dae-su said.
When no one answered him, he let out a sigh. "Why won't you respond? No one answers me. I'm always talking to myself."

"I think you're right," On-jo put forth.

"Forget it," Dae-su replied.

Wu-jin let out a small sigh, "I didn't hear anything, either."

"Me neither," Hyo-ryung shook
her head. "I was scared because I
didn't know how I'd feel if I heard
them screaming, but I didn't hear anything."

"Come to think of it, neither did I," Joon-yeong pointed out.

"Then I'm right. They're alive, right?" Dae-su said.

"Should she even be alive?" Ji-min asked, saying her thoughts aloud.

"What do you mean?" Joon-yeong asked.

"She's a murderer," Ji-min exclaimed, anger and sadness clear in her tone. "She killed Gyeong-su and then walked out of here on her own when she was called out. Does she even have the right to be alive right now?"

"What about Miss Park?" Wu-jin asked. "Should she have died too?"

"Is that our fault?" Ji-min asked.

"Either way, we're responsible for what happened," Wu-jin voiced.

"Why is that? What did we do wrong?" Ji-min argued. "Na-yeon killed someone, then played the victim, and chose to leave on her own... because we didn't listen to her. If no one's on your side, is it okay to kill? Miss Park acted like we were wrong. We didn't tell Na-yeon to go out there. We didn't tell Miss Park to go out there, either. Why should we feel bad? What the hell did we do wrong?"

Silence filled the room, everyone thinking over what Ji-min had spoken about.

"Hey," Su-hyeok broke the silence. "I feel weird saying this, but..."

"Then don't say it," Wu-jin chimed in, slapping Su-hyeok in the stomach. Su-hyeok let a small groan before continuing.

"Does anyone else have to go to the bathroom by any chance?" he asked. "Am I the only one?"

Everyone looked around, seeing if
anyone needed it.

After a few moments, Y/n bit her cheek, her arms crossed uncomfortably. "I need to."

"I do," Dae-su admitted.

"We have to go too, actually," Hyo-ryung admitted also, referring to her and Ji-min. "But we can't go out."

"Why are you blaming me for this?" Dae-su asked. "Su-hyeok brought it up. It's not a crime to poop."

"It's not a crime, but..." Wu-jin trailed off.

"But what? Don't you need to go?" Dae-su asked.

"Yes, I do," Wu-jin answered, feeling a little awkward as he answered. "But I don't need to poop."

"What about you?" Dae-su asked
Cheong-san.

Cheong-san awkwardly shook his head, "I don't need to poop either..."